Thread: Fuel quick disconnet spacers

Default Fuel quick disconnet spacers

Does anyone have any of these laying around. I checked my junkyards and dealership and can find any. 1989 renix. There are three if them one on each end of the fuel rail and on tge steal line.

Default Re: fuel quick disconnet spacers

One of my local stealerships says nothing can be found... but the other one said they can find them.... So I'll try and see if I can stop in and hopefully find the same guy there and see if I can't throw together some PN's and/prices to help your search...
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Default Re: Fuel quick disconnet spacers

Thank You Greatly appreciated

If you go to the parts store and get the quick connect tool to safely remove them you shouldn't have to replace them. Normally all we do is replace the o ring and all is well . the o rings can be had anywhere as long as there VITON , this is a special fuel resistant o ring. Most NAPA stores will carry these and the quick disconnects. I believe the clips are a 5/16 jeep #83502745 anyway , lastly if you have someone in your area thats a Crown dealer they can get them also.
    Aint got no whistle, don't belch out smoke, but my V10 aint no joke !!!

The renix engine has a different fuel set up then the high output. I have a steel line that connects in to the fuel pressure regulator and on the other side of the steel line is a rubber line(sends gas from the fuel tank to the fuel rail) then there is a rubber line that is going back to the tank(it has a metal fitting crimped to it to snap on to the fuel rail. The plastic clips disconnect when you squeeze the two ends and then it releases. What I'm missing is a plastic spacer that is between the quick disconnect clip and o-rings. it goes quick clip, o-ring, plastic spacer, and o-ring

Thats correct, I had a 90 with the renix system for many years. The connector looks like the picture below. this same connector was used on XJ's from 1984 to 2000. If yours is different then please post a picture of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

local stealership told me that they don't have any nor can get them. I know that the newer jeeps have the disconnects that you need the special tool to connect and disconnect. If you had a part number that i could use to cross reference for napa or carquest would be great. I tried the OEM part number from stealership with no luck. I cant find these clips anywhere.
    Last edited by greenchevy; 01-22-2013 at 05:10 PM.

Ok just spoke to a Jeep dealer here in Nor Cal and they are still a good part number and are 20.10 each for the repair kit. Or as I said earlier you can contact a Crown Dealer :

All J Products LLC
    41610 Brownie Ln
    Big Bear, CA 92315
    909-866-4800
    This is the closest one to you, part number is 83502745 . Please give me the number the dealer told you was correct so I can referance it to see what they looked up.

Hit up the stealership today about some other parts and enquired about yours as well.. they told me what the others above have said... PN: 83502745 is the one you need...
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

I could not find any but some really raggy ones in several junkyard trips.

They are really quite a simple thing to fab up if you can find some 5/16" plastic tubing. Just cut off 1/8" slices. My MJ has had the ones I made on them for a good 40K miles with no probs.
    1. 1990 XJ Laredo AW4-4.0L-NP231 D35/D30-OPEN cooling-3.5 full pack-etc.-etc.
    #2. 1988 MJ Pioneer AW4-4.0L-NP231J-D30/D44 LSD - OPEN cooling - 3" lift - 31's

Like your freedom? Thank a Vet.

Rock Auto carries the complete 5/16" fuel line repair kits @ 12.68/ea.
    Do a parts search for STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS p/n HK7.

They also carry the 3/8" quick disconnects used on the tranny coolant lines, 11.37/ea.
    DORMAN p/n 800750.
    Last edited by Comanche91; 01-23-2013 at 06:43 PM.
    -Don

ROLL TIDE!

Thanks everyone I ended up ordering 3 of them from Morris 4x4. If I got on a few days ago I would have read everyones posts and had an excuse to head to big bear and order them. Glad I can check one more thing off the jeep repair/fix check list.