Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I did a bad thing today...

Default Re: I did a bad thing today...

I chatted more with Dan, of the 4x4 Podcast. He's done 25 episodes and 30,000 downloads later.... lol

He uses libsyn and xjtalk using Internet Archive. One you pay for the other one is free, although I do need to donate to them for their free service.

Anywho, I know that libsyn has some really good data collection and display information, which the free service does not. I just had to do a guestimation on how many downloads from there.

Basically it works like this. I upload the show to Internet Archive then they give me a link on their servers.

I put that link up on the XJ TALK SHOW! site Then Feedburner gets that link automagically and shares it with iTunes and other services. So basically it's one source, from Internet Archive.

I can say I know that all the downloads are counted, only that if anyone has a chance of counting the downloads correctly it would be where the file is being served, and that the Internet Archive.

They say we've been downloaded about 6,000 times for 62 shows. So that's less that 100 downloads per show.

I would like to see those numbers bigger because it would be nice to SELL advertising on the show, also we're more likely to get a celebrity guest on for an interview.

Default Re: I did a bad thing today...

I've got to think that it has something to do with keywords... ”the4x4podcast” and ”XJtalk show”. One thing is true, Dan includes all types of 4x4s while we're oriented towards jeeps. Is there way to add more key words that people can search for? I know I've tried searches in the past and not much came up. XJtalk came up with specific searches.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123