Thread: Big Bend

Default Big Bend

My family and I are making a trip to big bend at some point in January I noticed on the park map there are 4x4 and "high clearance" vehicles only. My question is what do they consider high clearance. My XJ has a 2 inch lift with stock tires and wheels. Has anyone been on these trails? And what should I look out for?

Default Re: Big Bend

I went there back in the 70's back packing if the trails say lifted I would belive them
    91 Cherokee RC 4.5 long arm lift ECTED locker in the front Lock Rite locker in the rear Warn front and rear bumpers with 8000lb Warn winch sliders Skyjacker shocks and disconects exterior paint orange/black Rinoline. Roof rack with KC lights. SADLY GONE BUT WON'T BE FORGETEN But hay there is still a XJ in the family

97 TJ 6" Super Lift lift 2" body lift 37x13.5 tires front and rear OX lockers full roll cage custom made f/r bumpers and sliders made by AAE Customs 8000# Ramsey winch with Kevlar rope and a sound system that can make you ears bleed

Default Re: Big Bend

I went there last March and did some dual sport riding. Most of the roads, such as the river road, will be fine for you. If I remember correctly, the roads have signs posted at the start telling you how rough they are. Pick up a map at the ranger station where you pay and they will guide you.