Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    denverd1 is online now Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Default Re: Does what you fear makes it come true?

When one door closes, another opens. Good luck with your position and your search. Sounds like doors are already opening. Good on ya
    Wheelin' East Texas in a RED XJ

RED 98 XJ with 4.5" lift, ZJ steering, front and rear locked on 33's
    cowl intake, Cobra CB, SYE, bumpers, 10K winch, lights
    ,___________
    //___l__,\____\,00_
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]|
    (o)_)--(o)_)--(o)_)

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by xj4life2 View Post
    After reading all this all I can say is,hold on to the promises. God has promised us many things , all for our benefit. He will live up to all of them as long as you trust in him.One of my favorite versus is ,"In the world there will be trials and tribulation but have no fear , I have overcome the world".Followed closely by," I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength". Hang in there Muddy with a little faith and perseverance it will all work out to the best of your benefit as long as you submit to his will.
    John 16:33.... That is def a great verse and holds well in relation to your situation Tony...as well as my current one... don't mean to thread jack Tony.... but wanted to thank Mark for that insight as it has given me some renewed clarity and ease of mind in my current situation as I hope it will yours Tony... Prayers are going out for you Tony.
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon436 View Post
    John 16:33.... That is def a great verse and holds well in relation to your situation Tony...as well as my current one... don't mean to thread jack Tony.... but wanted to thank Mark for that insight as it has given me some renewed clarity and ease of mind in my current situation as I hope it will yours Tony... Prayers are going out for you Tony.
    And to you my friend. There are two things worse than job problems, and one is health problems, the other is family problems. I am very thankful that my decision to be with the girl and am with now was a great decision, because the first one was a horrible decision.

I'll share this with you. My family life is solid. I just had to stick it out, learn from my mistakes, and make much better choices. So hang in there and I bet you're family life will turn out the same way.

Chats

If either of you needs/wants to vent, talk, or just some reassurance my pm box has an open door policy. You guys have helped me so much, i don't mind helping you.

Chats

Well you never know what the next day will hold, and perhaps it's good we are reminded of this from time to time.

One of the three people that were asked to stay on has declined so I was contacted and requested to stay. In a diminished role for the six weeks, then return in my former role.

The nice thing is my title and salary stay the same inside the company that I work directly for.

My heart still goes out to the other four team members that will have to wait, hope and pray that it is only six weeks.

I suppose if I was a bigger man I would have also declined the offer so one of them could have taken the position.

So the prayers worked! At least for now.

It will be a good weekend.

denverd1 is online now Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

good news
    Wheelin' East Texas in a RED XJ

RED 98 XJ with 4.5" lift, ZJ steering, front and rear locked on 33's
    cowl intake, Cobra CB, SYE, bumpers, 10K winch, lights
    ,___________
    //___l__,\____\,00_
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]|
    (o)_)--(o)_)--(o)_)

Chats

Good news Tony
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

Great to hear Tony

Sent from my bulletproof iPhone using the Flapmyjaws app
    Shot of Whiskey and a camp fire. Perfect night time

Chats

Chats

Here's an update, I know it's never good news...

So the furlough was extended. No change in position or pay from the company I work for but they are only able to bill us as lab techs.

Today the principle company management was interviewing a lab tech. I figured this was the beginning of the end for us contracted engineers.

Get some lab techs in here and let the high paid lab techs go. Not from the other companies point of view but from the company that I work for simply because of pay and I'm sure they are aware we are looking for other jobs, if nothing else because of this instability.

Well the good news is that principle company is bringing in two new lab techs. As the lab techs start one of us engineers will go back to that job, and of course our company will be able to bill us as engineers again. The bad news is there is 3 engineers and only 2 slots.

Since I was passed up the first time I fear I will be the engineer not asked to stay. I really don't know that for sure of course. Also the reasoning could have been that I was the highest paid and when the company was faced with having to bill at lab tech rates, it just made since to let the engineer go who's dollar delta was the greatest.

I figure I'll know something in the next 10 days. It sucks to have to be worried about such things, but at least I have my health, as well as the rest of my family.

I really would just rather answer YES when a perspective employer asks, "Are you currently employed?"

Chats

Thanks for the update. I know its hard to do but no need to worry. That only takes up good time for a useless reason. There's a plan for everyone.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by XJ Wheeler View Post
    Thanks for the update. I know its hard to do but no need to worry. That only takes up good time for a useless reason. There's a plan for everyone.
    Yep generally I don't worry. I have two weaknesses. Something wrong with the vehicle and being unemployed. I need to start a business like I started a website. I feel much better when I have more control, not control mind you as I don't think any of us ever do, but more control certainly. At least more than one customer, like you have when you work for a company.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Mudderoy View Post
    Yep generally I don't worry. I have two weaknesses. Something wrong with the vehicle and being unemployed. I need to start a business like I started a website. I feel much better when I have more control, not control mind you as I don't think any of us ever do, but more control certainly. At least more than one customer, like you have when you work for a company.
    For sure, but if you think about even if you own the company, yes you can control if you get fired, of course. But the customers control if you make money. So, you still don't have the control.

Chats

I know it's real tough, Tony. I'll keep you in my prayers.

I've always wanted to be my own boss, but I'm lazy and I don't think I'd like having to figure out my taxes at that point

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by XJ Wheeler View Post
    For sure, but if you think about even if you own the company, yes you can control if you get fired, of course. But the customers control if you make money. So, you still don't have the control.
    Well I may be wrong, but when you work for a company you have in effect ONE customer. If they don't want to buy from you it sucks! Now if you have 10 customers and one doesn't like you hopefully the 9 others will like you long enough for you to replace that one.

I know business ownership has it's on set of issues... but that lottery plan I had just hasn't worked out...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast