Thread: Introduction

Default Introduction

Glad to have xj talk as a resource. I have a very nice 1996 XJ 4.0L classic 4 door, the 96 is my third XJ, I had an '85 and '90. I also have a 2008 F250, and a 2012 Harley Davidson Fat Bob in flat black with the 103 motor. All are kept in a very nice garage/shop that is heated and air conditioned when necessary.

My XJ has 250k miles on her and is my daily driver. The interior is tired, bushings and running gear just generally tired. She is good looking, has a new Ford white paint job with black trim, and 3 coats of clear. She is very dependable in all weather conditions. For years the 4.0 ran at 195/200 degrees as steady as can be, now she is having a hard time staying at 210 and will sometimes run at 230 on hot days, air conditioning is leaking and she has some other old age foibles. It is time to start replacing and upgrading. May take motor out for a rebuild, ?roller rockers, KN cold air, a bit of billet, and fine paint job, and put it back in a dressed up engine compartment - treat her as well as she has treated me for so many years. Looking to stay as close to stock as possible, the stock lace wheels seem impossible to find though, cant seem to locate thicker sway bars, etc, etc. This car will remain my daily driver, she can go down the highway at 70mph in a snow storm with 6" on the road as easy as she can on a summer day.

If there is ever a company that can screw something up it seems to be chrysler, I mean Mercedes, no Fiat....whats next, TATA. So stupid to discontinue the XJ I think. And talk of moving production to China or Italy must be motivated by some kind of drug.

Looking forward to making new friends on XJ Talk and sharing experiences and ideas on XJ rebuilding. Thank you.

Default Re: Introduction

Welcome! You know the drill, gotta post pics of all your toys especially your XJ

prerunner1982 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

Welcome from Oklahoma.
    1993 2 door 4x4 4.0 5 speed
    1997 4 door 4x2 4.0 auto RIP 6/6/2016
    2000 4 door 4x2 4.0 auto

Day of Dirt Adventure

Welcome Gunnar. Yes, when they get that much use, it is time to give it some TLC. My seats are starting to wear, so I'm with ya on the seats. Plan on putting power leather in soon.
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Welcome! Love to see pics of your Jeep. Also, I saw on the news that the CEO of Chrysler says they're not moving to China.... but how many times have we seen people say "No no no no no, we're not doing that" just to calm everybody down and then they go DO IT! I don't trust that they won't go to China either

cantab27 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen

welcome mate...a nice clean xj brought back to nice factory specs,,tis something nice to see....pics brother...
    keeping it red........

I DRIVE A BARBIE JEEP

Quote Originally Posted by XJ4IV
    .... lol Im a jerk tonight!
    Originally Posted by bigjim350 View Post
    Think I would go that crazy too if my Jeep turned white

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGg0C...eature=related

Welcome to xjTalk, Gunnar!
    Last edited by XJ Wheeler; 10-31-2012 at 03:50 PM.