Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    nickyg is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Default Re: Jeep sites being sold...

Autoguide.com is just a shell corporation for Martha Stewart who will soon become our supreme over lord. First she'll buy all the Auto websites then she will control the food supply and for the last stage she'll have us all working in her sweat shop constructing floral centerpieces. DON'T SELL THE WEB SITE, RESIST MARTHA!!!!
    One more part and I'll have a new Jeep

Rocco83 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

I like Pirate for the build threads. Outside of that I don't care for it. Lot of good things to learn there as long as you're prepared for the condescension that usually comes with the not knowing how to do something.

It is a shame when someone buys up small sites. Sure the owners get a little coin, but it really takes away the personal touches on the sites and the smaller sense of community. Thank you for keeping this site to yourself.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco83 View Post
    I like Pirate for the build threads. Outside of that I don't care for it. Lot of good things to learn there as long as you're prepared for the condescension that usually comes with the not knowing how to do something.

It is a shame when someone buys up small sites. Sure the owners get a little coin, but it really takes away the personal touches on the sites and the smaller sense of community. Thank you for keeping this site to yourself.
    I'm sure I speak for the entire staff... Thanks!

Hey! turns 5 in a few days!

Chats

I recently checked out this site I was having problems with 98 jeep 6cyl. code lights was reading throttle pos.sen. replaced wiith after market check engine light never did go off even put in opar t.p.s. still would cut out. I was able to get a friend of mine that teaches auto mech. class and he and his student's traced it back to the clock spring which is in the steering wheel and has to do with the airbag changed it and everthing is fine just wanted to let other folks be aware of this. Have a blessed day. and thank's for this site.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by aceives View Post
    I recently checked out this site I was having problems with 98 jeep 6cyl. code lights was reading throttle pos.sen. replaced wiith after market check engine light never did go off even put in opar t.p.s. still would cut out. I was able to get a friend of mine that teaches auto mech. class and he and his student's traced it back to the clock spring which is in the steering wheel and has to do with the airbag changed it and everthing is fine just wanted to let other folks be aware of this. Have a blessed day. and thank's for this site.
    When I had the problem with mine the "Air bag light" was on all the time and the cruise control stopped working. Can't remember but maybe the horn didn't work as well.

Chats

I have been through this; it was discoweb.org (a Land Rover Discovery site back almost 10 years ago). It wasn't the big business buyout of the site, but the "changing of the guard" that caused it's ultimate demise.

Once upon a time it was a fantastic site with great members and great threads, very unique and much like XJTalk is now. That site had a core group of owners and leaders who made the rules, set the tone and gave the site a particular personality that was very appealing (sound familiar).

Over time, the core members dropped away and passed the site to others. The others tried but didn't have "that fire in the belly" that the founders had had. The site faded and now its all but dead. Now, when interest in building and wheeling that particular vehicle is so much higher that it ever was back then, there isn't a dedicated web resource for it that's kick ass like discoweb was.

So here's to you, dedicated XJTalk Central Committee Members. I hope you don't go astray for a good long time!
    It's called a Cherokee in Venezuela...

Chats

Nice photos of the XJ. Good Job!

nickyg is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Quote Originally Posted by slipinkramer View Post
    So here's to you, dedicated XJTalk Central Committee Members. I hope you don't go astray for a good long time!
    Who's gonna take over for me????
    One more part and I'll have a new Jeep

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by nickyg View Post
    Who's gonna take over for me????
    No one available Nicky. They broke the mold
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air