Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    cpttuna is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

Default Re: Stock and Oversized oil filter interchange chart

If there is anyone out there in my neck of the woods, my local NAPA store will be taking orders for oil filters the first week in March. Their customer appreciation day is the 9th. As I mentioned earlier in this post, you can save some money. I will be buying 30 filters myself so I know I'm saving some .

Chats

Default Stock and Oversized oil filter interchange chart

I have this jeep book that told me that it is good to go with a larger oil filter. My problem is that the stock fram filter is a PH3985 and the book tells me to replace The stock PH16 with the PH8A so I bought the PH8A thinking it should still go on but the threads differ. The book does say the conversions are for a 93 or newer and I have a 90 so I was wondering if anyone new of a larger oil filter that is compatible with a PH3985?

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by SargDeath View Post
    I have this jeep book that told me that it is good to go with a larger oil filter. My problem is that the stock fram filter is a PH3985 and the book tells me to replace The stock PH16 with the PH8A so I bought the PH8A thinking it should still go on but the threads differ. The book does say the conversions are for a 93 or newer and I have a 90 so I was wondering if anyone new of a larger oil filter that is compatible with a PH3985?
    I used FRAM for a very long time until recently I heard they are not very good oil filters. You might want to try the Puralator. I got mine from Advanced Auto.

Chats

Well I guess since my Heep is in need of an oil change when I get home anyways.. I will be going the larger filter for my brand of choice... I wonder how much extra oil I should pick up to fill the larger filter... I would guess it would only be an extra half a quart or so... And I am still running Fram as I have never had any isssues with them on anything I have ever put them on, and I figure if they are good enough for the military to use on most of their vehicles and not have any issues... I'll keep using them... all else fails my 200K+ mile engine dies... a good excuse for an upgrade... LOL... Why won't it let me thank firehawk for the therad... darnit..

Chats

cool thanks for the info!

Chats

cool thanks for the info!

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    Im in where can I find the book????
    I bought mine at Barnes & Noble. Check out www.rockcrawler.com . Look at Amazon for both new and used.
    Semper Fi

LizardRunner is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

that's good info. I am going to a relocator with twin filters like this. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TRD-1222/
    2004 4.7v8HO WJ OMG, it's RED , Green bits are now under the hood. Loving the F/R Lockers and D44's. RIP 2011 Lil Ric and Gordo. RIP 2012 Jessie RIP 2013 Kat. RIP 2013 Ed . Lizards can always climb but sometimes they loose their tails to get away. The true patriot will stand beside the soldier when the time comes to fight Now building Asnikiye heca (Buzzard's Roost) homestead farm. My road is my wheeling trail

Chats

Love this list. Part Numbers are great. I'm tired of having to recall all the different vehicles at the parts counter to get upgraded parts.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by SargDeath View Post

3985's have different threads. They are also getting hard to find, as most places don't stock filters for vehicles over 20 years old. I have bought my filters at walmart for a long time and they no longer carry the 3985's or the other brand equivalents. The local advance auto does not either. The easiest thing to do is next time you are at a scrap yard, pick up the oil filter housing from a 93+ and throw it on your jeep. This way you will be able to use the newer style filters.

Mafundzalo

Chats

I picked up two of the PL30001(?) filters for the 98 and 99. Now I just have to find the oil I am looking for.

Chats

Does anyone happen to know where I might be able to find the info for what Mopar filter would be the oversized version for the 97+ XJ??
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

Interesting read about oil filters.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon436 View Post
    Does anyone happen to know where I might be able to find the info for what Mopar filter would be the oversized version for the 97+ XJ??
    mopar filters are made by wix.
    Just get a wix FL1A equivalent.
    Quote Originally Posted by CherokeeCountry
    I can't cook though. Unless you count the few seconds where I allowed Dylan to saute...

Chats

Alright well by researching I have found that there are a few other filters that are decent filters and their oversized versions:

Hastings:
    Regular: LF107
    Oversized: LF115

I'm working on getting two other brands right now, but the page is being stupid.. One of which is an aluminum bodied filter w/ magnets inside to catch metal debris in the oil.. trying to get the PN for it so I can price it.. I still can't find the Mopar oversized filter though.. I can say that if anyone knows anywhere to look that might have the filter number you can look for an oil filter that fits a Chrysler Imperial any engine size... all of the above listed oversized filters in the chart are standard filters for this vehicle..
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast