Thread: Low Range Fork Removal

Default Low Range Fork Removal

Ok, I am attempting to replace the pads on my shift forks, they are completely gone on both forks. Anyways, the TC is still in the Jeep and I'd like to keep that way at this point. I have removed the mode fork by prying it...read this on another forum and it worked. Now I am at the low range fork, the prying method doesn't seem to work here...or I need to put some more umpfh into. Before putting more umpfh in it, I was wanting to get suggestions of how to get the low range fork out?
    This is where I am:

Well tickle me pink. I dropped the lever into 4lo and bam all came right out. Here is to hoping EVERYTHING goes back together smoothly!

So for those wondering and doing this. Yes, you can pry the first shift fork out, then drop your shifter into 4lo and you can remove the rod, and 2nd shift fork. To reassemble put BOTH shift forks on the rod and work them back into their groves. It is a PITA with the gear thing but you can make it happen.
    Last edited by afbond03; 07-11-2012 at 09:06 PM.
    Panda: 98 XJ Limited*4.0L*AW4*NP242J*HP D30*C8.25 *RE/RC 5" lift*33"MTR/Kevlar*MB Predator 15x8*Serious Offroad Front Bumper*Serious Offroad Longarms*Serious Offroad UTK Steering*Ohana Fab Sliders*2 KC Daylighters*
    6 Hellas*Viper 9klb Winch w/Tough Stuff Synthetic Rope*Rage Roofrack*Uniden CB*Detours A-Pillars*

Default Re: Low Range Fork Removal

I need to tear apart my t-case and rebuild it. I will use this for reference if I get around to it. Thanks