Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harlan MJ

Chats

Default Harlan MJ

This is what I've been up to the last few weeks. I dove'd the front, Cut down the unibody to the rear spring hanger, bobbed the bed 9 in, Took all the old renix stuff out and rewired it and installed everything from a rusted out 94xj, changed it from a standard to AW4. Built a tire carrier and I'm finishing the front bumper today....

Chats

Default Re: Harlan MJ

That is a nice looking MJ you got going on there... Like that XJ up on the hill there too!!
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

Every time I see another MJ I want one. Thanks for the share!

Chats

Woohoo, that's SWEET! Gotta say i love the bobbed bed. Great job Jon.

Chats

Thanks guy's, the xj on the hill James is my brothers. I'm kind of the xj guy around here and I do alot of work on them. That one's in the process of a front axle swap, I have a concrete pad up there I do long term stuff on. I got the front bumper done today, now I'm working on a pulley that's making noise and a new trackbar. Should be leaving for my buddy's exhaust shop tomorrow and I need to go over into Ohio and pick up a factory MJ rollbar I bought off a guy. I just don't have time to build a cage since were leaving next Thursday.

Chats

3 day's left and I still need to finish up the half doors and plumb my air box in. If I have time I'm gonna put some factory skids on. Been working on the car trailer and truck for a couple day's to make sure there ready.

Chats

Lookin good!!! What is that grill off of?

Chats

sweet looking rig I want one
    91 Cherokee RC 4.5 long arm lift ECTED locker in the front Lock Rite locker in the rear Warn front and rear bumpers with 8000lb Warn winch sliders Skyjacker shocks and disconects exterior paint orange/black Rinoline. Roof rack with KC lights. SADLY GONE BUT WON'T BE FORGETEN But hay there is still a XJ in the family

97 TJ 6" Super Lift lift 2" body lift 37x13.5 tires front and rear OX lockers full roll cage custom made f/r bumpers and sliders made by AAE Customs 8000# Ramsey winch with Kevlar rope and a sound system that can make you ears bleed

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Brasscatz View Post
    Lookin good!!! What is that grill off of?
    Grand cherokee... Had to keep it jeep//// Worked on my brothers jeep all day yesterday so he'd be ready, man I'm running out of time...

Chats

Well I've had some victory and some stuff I couldn't get done, but I'm leaving for Harlan in the morning so it's done for now. I didn't get the half doors done but there close, and I didn't get a winch because a set of Q buckshots popped up for sell that I wanted worse and couldn't afford both. I'll post pics when I get back here's some pics of shake down yard wheeling..

Here's a pic of me and my buddy's xj he also built in a month for Harlan, we should have just took are regular trail rigs but were not exactly considered sane...

Chats

The MJ did great at Harlan, I wasn't sure in the beginning but I ended up loving the 112in wheelbase. I didn't brake anything so that was a plus but I did have a fuel delivery gremlin that kept popping up every now and then.

Chats

Very cool, thanks for the pictures!

Chats

That is a bad ass MJ. Looks very capable. Thanks for the pics
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

I'll take it!! Looks like an awesome MJ, glad to see you were able to get it pretty much where you wanted it for the trip.... How come this friend with the unfortunately red XJ isnt on here as a member yet??
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon436 View Post
    I'll take it!! Looks like an awesome MJ, glad to see you were able to get it pretty much where you wanted it for the trip.... How come this friend with the unfortunately red XJ isnt on here as a member yet??

He's just not an internet kind of guy He exploded an 8.25 on Friday but we got the welder out that night and put enough rod in there to keep it together Saturday. I just noticed your from Dover, my brother retired from there and I live (magnolia) and worked (Sunroc, at the end of the runway) for years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast