Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harlan MJ

Chats

Default Re: Harlan MJ

That is cool... I have met quite a few people all over the world, over the years that used to work in or around Dover...
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

This project didn't die it ended up at the sand drags, I took it out one weekend for alittle fun and the truck won in the sand and in the deep pit easily. I beat the wife's racer by 3 tenths and we came in 1st and 2nd. Got me thinking so I took them both to the scales and the truck is almost 400lbs lighter than her stripped down 2dr. So I did what anyone would do and I built a 4.6 stroker for it (stock top end) and finished up the racing season without getting beat. (wife isn't real happy with me) The truck's best time was a 3.72 in 150ft, and the wifes 2dr was a 4.1. So were selling the 2dr and she'll be racing the truck next year. I talked to Zack at 505 performance and I'm putting the money together for a head and computer system now.

Chats

Update on this truck, My wife did race it for years. I bought cam,roller rockers, head, inj and throttle body off 505 performance and built a 4.6 stroker bottom end for the truck. My wife won alot of races over the years with this truck, I did pull the motor out of the truck and sold it a couple weeks ago to a friend in OH. He's going to rebuild the truck again and make a DD out of it... I know he will or I wouldn't have sold it to him.

Chats

Glad to hear that it will be continuing life... Did you buy the components for the 4.6 build from 505 as well, or just the top end components you mentioned??
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

Just the top end, I built the bottom end originally for my trail rig, It got re purposed....

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by jonb8 View Post
    Just the top end, I built the bottom end originally for my trail rig, It got re purposed....
    Oh ok, that makes sense... I've been looking at 505 for as far as getting parts for my stroker build... But have been seeing a lot of mixed reviews on their customer service and such... so not sure what I'll do.. But figure I got time to do more research before I have to worry about that.. Need more time for parts and money collection before I get around to building a stroker for the Jeep..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12