Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2000 xj

Chats

Default Re: 2000 xj

Got tired of the Jeep being so hot all of the time, so I finally went and got the windows tinted.

The rears had the privacy glass from the factory, but I went ahead and put 35% on the driver passenger (legal limit in NC) and 5% on everything else.

Will post some pictures tomorrow once I take them.
    2000 XJ Build Thread
    Clayton 6.5" LA / 33x10.50 BFG ATs / AA SYE / H4 upgrade / D30 & C8.25 w 3.55
    Dad's 1999 XJ daily driver
    Stock/Stock/Stock/Stock/Stock

Chats

I noticed that the Jeep wasn't coming to a stop as quick as I would like it to be so I decided that I wasn't going to take a chance. One car accident had already changed my life forever so I'm not going to risk it.

soooooooo.... EBC pads and rotors will be here in 2 days!
    2000 XJ Build Thread

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Sneedle Vision View Post
    I noticed that the Jeep wasn't coming to a stop as quick as I would like it to be so I decided that I wasn't going to take a chance. One car accident had already changed my life forever so I'm not going to risk it.

soooooooo.... EBC pads and rotors will be here in 2 days!
    I don't remember, are you using the stainless steel brake lines? How old are your calipers?

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Mudderoy View Post
    I don't remember, are you using the stainless steel brake lines? How old are your calipers?
    I do have stainless brake lines. As far as calipers, I'm assuming they're the original. I didn't change them when I bought the Jeep last year.

Is there a concern?
    2000 XJ Build Thread

Chats

I do have stainless brake lines. As far as calipers, I'm assuming they're the original. I didn't change them when I bought the Jeep last year.

Is there a concern?
    I noticed a significant change when I went to stainless steel brake lines and new calipers. I had about 174k on them at the time. I also changed rotor and pads, but I had done that before and not noticed an improvement.

Chats

Well everything got here and this is what I ended up with!

The install went pretty smoothly and only took a couple of hours (for someone who had never done it). The only issue was that a little bit of brake fluid came out of the reservoir when the caliper pistons were pressed back into place.

And the end result!

So far, the Jeep does seem to stop better than before. Even when slightly pressed, there is a noticeable grip to slow down compared to it feeling as if you were just driving up an incline.
    2000 XJ Build Thread

Chats

Man, those are too purdy to get dirty
    230 hp 4.3L Chevy
    Built 4L60E with manual lockout
    Atlas 4 speed
    Griffin radiator
    On board air
    Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
    7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
    30 gal gas tank
    lockers
    And a bunch of other stuff

Chats

That is a very nice looking XJ...At least you realized the mistake you made in getting rid of your previous one.. I honestly think you ended up better off with this one in the end anyways... Starting off with 4WD, and you have def. done some awesome choosing as far as your upgrades go...
    FORMER GREEN XJ CLUB MEMBER
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by 4.3LXJ View Post
    Man, those are too purdy to get dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon436 View Post
    That is a very nice looking XJ...At least you realized the mistake you made in getting rid of your previous one.. I honestly think you ended up better off with this one in the end anyways... Starting off with 4WD, and you have def. done some awesome choosing as far as your upgrades go...
    Thanks guys! I think either flat flares or some kind of front bumper/winch combo will be next. I'm leaning more towards the bumper and winch. I'd like to get a combination of this style bumper with a detours backbone worked in. (I like minimalistic).
    2000 XJ Build Thread

Chats

Thanks guys! I think either flat flares or some kind of front bumper/winch combo will be next. I'm leaning more towards the bumper and winch. I'd like to get a combination of this style bumper with a detours backbone worked in. (I like minimalistic).
    I think flat flare would look really good on there. Winch bumper and winch is a very useful combo though.

nickxj94 is offline Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
    Chats

That's a nice rig!
    --______......
    . /__| _ | _\ / / \,____.
    |/ \ \_ | _/_/ \|EIIIIIIEI
    '( o ))-=--) ( o ))--=--)).Just another GREEN XJ lifted on 33's

Chats

I've started to get a growling sound from my front right brakes. It usually happens when I'm slowing down to make a turn. So I'm thinking that the pads are getting stuck against the knuckle on either the top or bottom since the sound goes away when you press the pedal again.

If there are any other possibilities, I'd be happy to hear em. I picked up some CRC Caliper grease to fix it.
    2000 XJ Build Thread

Chats

I just want that Commanche!! And even more so if it had a Detours backbone attached!!

As far as the brakes go, have you checked the condition of the discs and the pads?? Or at least pull the brakes on that side to make sure that it is all in good condition??
    DOING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY DOES IT THAT WAY MAKES AS MUCH SENSE AS SHARING TOOTHBRUSHES

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon436 View Post
    As far as the brakes go, have you checked the condition of the discs and the pads?? Or at least pull the brakes on that side to make sure that it is all in good condition??
    I would think they would be fine. I just put on new pads and rotors 2 weeks ago, and followed the break-in instructions.
    2000 XJ Build Thread

Chats

I'm just saying to make sure that they haven't been damaged at all causing the sounds you are hearing

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast