PDA

View Full Version : Misery

BRUNER247
01-21-2012, 10:07 PM
Springfield mo.

Brasscatz
01-21-2012, 11:55 PM
Hey cool! My ancestors settled Springfield, Missouri!

mocrawlin
02-21-2012, 09:54 PM
im about 45 miles north of springfield. live up by pomme de terre lake. in the sticks!

billyjack
01-23-2013, 01:48 PM
45 west of st.louis.

bcso290
03-04-2013, 04:42 PM
Warsaw, MO Where Truman Lake meets Lake of the Ozarks.

billyjack
03-06-2013, 10:38 AM
Any good places down by you guys to off road?

bcso290
03-18-2013, 07:32 PM
Mostly private land. Invite only kinda things.

billyjack
03-19-2013, 10:33 AM
There are a few places around here to go. I spend a lot of time at "Moonlight" in Sullivan because is only a 45min drive. theres a nice one in Farmington called "Washita" that has a awesome view from the top of the ridge.

StLJeeper
12-09-2013, 12:43 PM
In West County St. Louis, MO. Just bought first....and second...XJs.....'99 and '01 Sports.....for running to/from and use at property in North Central MO. Bought '99 and friend said "that's too nice to take to the farm." Think she has her eye on it!!! Of course, she was right....so I bought the '01...Forest Green...perfect color for the property. :) :) :) Both stock. Planning on 3-4.5" lift; 30-32" skins; receiver hitches front and rear for basket carriers, bike rack, small trailer, and winch. No plan to heavy wheel....just utility reliability to get around on the property (1400 acres). I'm bitten by the XJ bug already. Used the '01 for deer season....performed well in the mud from first weekend of non-stoop rain....and following 3/8" ice storm.

Need ideas for secure storage in back for valuables.....her purse :) :) :)....laptop, shooting gear....to replace locked trunk of other vehicles. Searched this site without finding much. Can't be the first to miss a locked, out of sight trunck.

Any groups/individuals in the St. Louis area? Would like to make contacts and learn from more experienced Jeep owners. Best 4x4 equipment sources in St. Louis area?

NW99XJ
12-09-2013, 01:18 PM
Misery........... is waking up in a strange bed with a block of wood between your legs and Kathy Bates standing over you with a 30 lb sledge hammer....
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTw8XW22qINzQJnzkbpq6iucpm2n09P5 gNAwMxf5PIeOKkAl1oHwg
http://onepagewonder.com/halloween/misery5.jpg

4.3LXJ
12-09-2013, 01:18 PM
I can't recall a thread specifically on that. But if you don't plan on using the back seat, that is a perfect area. Build a box that is even with the rear cargo floor board up to the lip for the front of the seat. You could store a rifle easily there as well as tools etc. That I have seen done and considering doing that myself

NW99XJ
12-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Need ideas for secure storage in back for valuables.....her purse :) :) :)....laptop, shooting gear....to replace locked trunk of other vehicles. Searched this site without finding much. Can't be the first to miss a locked, out of sight trunck.

The first idea that comes to mind is the OEM pull-out cargo cover.
Kinda rare in the XJ market, but one for a ZJ (grand cherokee) are a little more common, and may or may not be able to be modified to work with an XJ.
The other idea is a false floor in the back. Basically, you're installing a slide out drawer that from the outside looking in, just looks like the regular floor of the cargo area, but once the rear gate is open, you see the face of the drawer.
This can be locked of course, or just left as "out-of-sight-out-of-mind"

Another option would be to bolt down (from the inside) a locking ammo box or the like, to somewhere in the cargo area.