PDA

View Full Version : 4wheelparts

bigjim350
01-17-2012, 01:07 AM
I know its not a product, but I'm still giving them a review. On 11/11/11 I ordered 6 shocks for a Bronco I'm working on. They were finally shipped today:bang: So keep that in mind when you order anything from them, even something as simple as shocks.

prerunner1982
01-17-2012, 10:29 AM
Hope the customer's vehicle has not been just sitting there waiting on shocks...

4.3LXJ
01-17-2012, 10:46 AM
Jim

I have always had very good service out of them. They have given me substantial discounts on their beat any price policy. I used to travel to SoCal and would stop at Modesto and want a part. I then would go to their warehouse just up the road. When they first moved it there I wanted an ARB air valve, a small part. They searched their stuff on pallets and shelves for some time, having not put all of it away yet. After not finding the little box in all that stuff, they shipped one from a SoCal store free of charge. To be fair, your experience is not the norm.

msmoorenburg
01-17-2012, 10:53 AM
Hope the customer's vehicle has not been just sitting there waiting on shocks...

sure is, It sat so long the injectors were stuck and it was a no start the other day :) till the battery trick :sign0181:

bugsjeep
01-18-2012, 01:43 AM
screw-ups happen, it seems like the screw-up here was that they didn't have the shocks in stock and didn't tell him they would be backordered, that may not be the norm., but it is poor service

Mudderoy
01-18-2012, 01:44 AM
screw-ups happen, it seems like the screw-up here was that they didn't have the shocks in stock and didn't tell him they would be backordered, that may not be the norm., but it is poor service

I agree, screw ups happen all the time, it's how they handle it that determines good customer service.

07Negative
01-21-2012, 09:32 AM
The 4WheelParts in Oakland can suck an egg! I hate that store like a bad case of herpes. The only thing the Oakland location has/had going for it was this one particular mechanic. A 30 year old kid (like myself) knew his stuff and did his job insanely well.
But for the customer service side of things. I say no way. I'll pay more else where. Especially after getting my Fox Shocks through them. I don't mind waiting. Just don't bullshit me after I grand on shocks and few hundred on other misc parts. And then give me some body language like I'm a PITA.
Not to stroke my ego. But I think I'm a ideal customer. I pay in cash always. I go in knowing what I want. I bring good beer.
Sad thing in the Bay Area. There's only 1 really good shop and the old guys is just too much of a dick to work with. But he does killer work and his prices are fair for being a mom pop shop. Luckily his wife wins over the customers. She's a nice lady.

cantab27
01-21-2012, 11:32 AM
shit i get faster service when i order parts from down here, just not at your prices ,,mumble mumble.......shit service ..dont go back.....

Botakbeng
08-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Can't say about the rest but here in Las Vegas, NV, 4wheelparts SUCKS! Maybe i should say the people that works there SUCKS!
There are just out to make some quick $ like Bestbuy.
Would be perfect for "Yuppies" who has a lot of $ to spend and no clue what this people are trying to sell them.

Don't take my words for it, google "4wheelparts bad" and see for yourself.

4.3LXJ
08-15-2012, 10:53 AM
I can agree that you need a little knowledge of what you want when you go in. But I need that in any parts store.

Mudderoy
08-15-2012, 11:03 AM
Can't say about the rest but here in Las Vegas, NV, 4wheelparts SUCKS! Maybe i should say the people that works there SUCKS!
There are just out to make some quick $ like Bestbuy.
Would be perfect for "Yuppies" who has a lot of $ to spend and no clue what this people are trying to sell them.

Don't take my words for it, google "4wheelparts bad" and see for yourself.

What was your experience and I'm assuming it was with the Las Vegas store?

UpstateXJ
08-17-2012, 01:02 AM
I have had pretty good luck with the store in Charlotte NC. I don't do much business with them anymore though. I have been supporting my local shop as they have always helped me out when I have been in a bind or needed help and advice.

bigjim350
12-17-2012, 10:44 PM
Well as stated in another thread i got 4 new pro-comp tires from 4wheelparts. Well the orignal idea was for my wife to pick them up at the local store and surprise me on christmas. Well after calling the store 3 times and being told "do you even know what you want" and "your calling the wrong place" she gave up. Even though she had the part numbers for the tires straight from the catalog. So she then just ordered them from the catalog using they 1-800#. The order went great, but they got delivered while i was home, so the surprise was blown. I posted this on a local jeep group, that our local store manager is a member of. Turns out he was out of town last week. Sent me several personal messages telling me he will address this with his staff first thing in the morning. Also wants me to bring the jeep to the store to have the tires installed at no cost and try to show us they know what customer service is. So yes the experiance started out bad, but atleast the manager is trying to make up for it now. The manager at the store is the only Jeep owner....so that should say it all.

bluedragon436
12-18-2012, 03:50 AM
Well unfortunately I only have the option of ordering from online with these guys... I wish I lived somewhere they had a local store that I could hit up... but no body has love for the North Eastern folks... Glad your interaction turned out good in the end with them Jim...

XJ Wheeler
12-18-2012, 04:33 AM
The only experience i have with my vehicles was with my xj at the Houston 1960 store a few years ago. Took it in to have them look at the front end (death wobble), put on the stainless brake hoses, something else i can't remember. I had asked them to replace the front hard brake lines since they were quite rusty and they were doing the stainless hoses anyway. I was told they don't do that. Went to grab some lunch and came back to find out they broke the passengers side hard line and now had to replace it at cost.

In my opinion, 4 wheel parts does good work... but it costs an arm and a leg. I got a quote way back when i was looking at lifting my xj. They quoted me over $3,000. I had to buy the lift through them, had to also buy a sye and driveshaft, and labor was astronomical.

So, much like Jims experience the work they did began bad but turned out good. For me, its not that a business makes a mistake. Yes, they are mere humans and we make mistakes. It all comes down to how they handle the correction of said mistake.