PDA

View Full Version : Another Prayer Request

XJ Wheeler
01-16-2012, 03:54 PM
Found out a couple days ago my grandmother has colon cancer, they found a small mass while she was in the hospital last week and it is malignant. They're going to operate Thursday to remove the mass.

She has pretty much lost hope and her will to live, she has said she will not go through chemotherapy.

Just need some prayers again, to give her strength and hope.

Thanks, Jacob

bluedragon436
01-16-2012, 03:56 PM
Thoughts and prayers go out for her and the rest of the family during this time

Indiana Jeep
01-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Same here, prayers going out for her and your family.

XJ Wheeler
01-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Thanks a lot guys. The surgery went very well, no complications. They removed the mass and so far so good. She's been out of surgery for a couple hours now and in pain, but that's to be expected. We won't know for maybe five days if the cancer has spread as the pathology report will take that long. We're with her now in Houston, gotta drive back tonight for work tomorrow. Thanks again.

xj4life2
01-20-2012, 11:54 AM
:pray: Hang in there , God has it all under control !!!

4.3LXJ
01-20-2012, 01:21 PM
I'm sure she is in good hands. God will be with her

XJ Wheeler
01-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Update.
She had been doing better for the first few days after surgery, slowly moving more and hurting less. But a couple days ago she started to feel more pain and had some complications yesterday. Progressively the pain got worse, so today she went back to surgery to remove a pocket of blood that was causing these problems. She is now in the ICU under close supervision. The doctor said she is weak from having to go under twice and she now has a breathing tube. Hopefully that will be the extent of the problems, as i don't know how much more she can take. It doesn't help that the nursing staff couldn't care less and ignore her every chance they get.

However there is some good news, yesterday the pathology came back and the cancer didn't spread. It is stage 2 cancer and supposedly she may not even need chemotherapy.

4.3LXJ
01-27-2012, 12:11 AM
The cancer news is good news. Time will help her recover.

jdougn
01-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Praying for your grandmothers continued healing and for the family right now.
dn

XJ Wheeler
02-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Well guys, its looking good. A few days ago she was taken off the breathing tube and then moved from ICU. Yesterday she started moving more and that did tons for her, today she is feeling considerably better with more activity and mobility.

I want to take a moment to thoroughly thank those of you who offered prayers, kind words, and inspiration. Its been a hard couple months (been some other stuff going on as well) and it means a lot to me to come on here and see those replies. Once again, appreciate it guys.