PDA

View Full Version : C-Clamp

cpttuna
01-05-2012, 07:22 PM
I once needed a 14" C clamp(I do not remember what for). I took a cheap 4" C-Clamp, cut it in half and welded a 12" piece of flat stock to the ends. It worked great.(have not used it since).

Firemanray
01-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Build your own tools!! That's the way to do it.

bluedragon436
01-05-2012, 10:23 PM
Just another reason I want to learn to weld.. can come in handy for more than just repairs and mods..

cpttuna
01-09-2012, 12:18 PM
I have been welding for about 30 years now.(with about 20 minutes of instruction). Mostly trial and error and I weld to suit myself. I started with a Buzz box. I worked my way up to a sears AC/DC unit because I weld mostly Stainless now. I enjoy the fact that I can go out to the garage and fabricate something, fix something by welding it or remaking something out of ss so that it does not rust.

bugsjeep
01-25-2012, 05:44 PM
Weld for a man and he will pester you often, teach a man to weld and never be pestered again.
I have been welding for40 years now, owned a shop welding anything that came in the door, I sold all the machines exept one lathe, one mill, and two welders.
You can do so much with a good welder, and marginal skills. If you buy one, spend a little and get something like a miller sd180, you can stick weld and tig, there will be little you can't do and will cost about 1600.00 a little high I know, but you will love it more than anything you have ever bought yourself.