PDA

View Full Version : Prayer request

XJ Wheeler
12-21-2011, 06:09 PM
Some of you may remember Nugget, my cat that helped me win one of the gift certificates. Well, she sick. She's at the vet now and has some rare virus. They are keeping her overnight, but say there's a 20% chance if her making it through the night. Some of you may not understand but she has been an unbelievable companion to me for the last 6 years. Christmas won't be the same without her. So, if you could please give a second and send a prayer up for Nugget.

Mudderoy
12-21-2011, 06:51 PM
Some of you may remember Nugget, my cat that helped me win one of the gift certificates. Well, she sick. She's at the vet now and has some rare virus. They are keeping her overnight, but say there's a 20% chance if her making it through the night. Some of you may not understand but she has been an unbelievable companion to me for the last 6 years. Christmas won't be the same without her. So, if you could please give a second and send a prayer up for Nugget.

No problem, I gotcha covered. Those vets are usually pretty pessimistic just in case. Try to stay positive and remember you've had six years. It will all work out and God won't give you more than you can handle.

4.3LXJ
12-21-2011, 08:14 PM
No problem, I gotcha covered. Those vets are usually pretty pessimistic just in case. Try to stay positive and remember you've had six years. It will all work out and God won't give you more than you can handle.

Same here. sent one up.

BlueXJ
12-21-2011, 09:04 PM
She is in my prayers. I love cats and have a few myself (20) and am devastated when one gets sick. I have lost some in the past few years and am slow to recover. So I have been in your shoes. Nugget is at the top of my prayer list.

XJ Wheeler
12-21-2011, 09:19 PM
Thanks guys, i really appreciate it. She's a tough one. If there's any that can pull through, its her.

XJ Wheeler
12-22-2011, 11:15 AM
Good news, she's still with us. They said she is doing a little better, but still won't eat much. This virus is apparently very aggressive, and she still has quite a battle ahead.

Thanks again fellas.

Mudderoy
12-22-2011, 11:19 AM
Good news, she's still with us. They said she is doing a little better, but still won't eat much. This virus is apparently very aggressive, and she still has quite a battle ahead.

Thanks again fellas.

That's great news, thanks for letting us know and please keep us updated. :pray:

XJ Wheeler
12-23-2011, 10:15 AM
Spoke to the vet this morning, looks like she's going for surgery. He said she was looking better but her bloodwork showed a drop in her white and red blood cells. Plus she's septic. All along her uterus has been enlarged; but he wasn't sure if it was an early pregnancy or an infection. So, now they're going in to see if the uterus is full of puss. If it is, thats better, because the root of the problem would be fixed. Also he said she's not the best candidate for anesthesia, due to her blood count. He says its our only real option, and otherwise she won't make it.

4.3LXJ
12-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Sent another one up for her and you

XJ Wheeler
12-23-2011, 12:47 PM
Surgery is over, she did good. But it wasn't that, he again says its an incurable virus. He says it fatal, just whether its a couple days or a month. They're gonna keep her for a couple days to see if she is going to do well enough to come home.

XJ Wheeler
12-24-2011, 01:16 PM
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h401/xj-wheeler/2011-11-30141723-1.jpg

She is gone. I at least got to see her today before. I need some more prayer, this ones hard.

Mudderoy
12-24-2011, 04:02 PM
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h401/xj-wheeler/2011-11-30141723-1.jpg

She is gone. I at least got to see her today before. I need some more prayer, this ones hard.

That's a shame. That's so sad. Remember the good times and do your best to be happy, especially during this time of year.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zKZaIPw_1s4/SmviX_w5FaI/AAAAAAAACfE/QF-Qv2Px1l4/s400/praying+orange+kitten.jpg

4.3LXJ
12-24-2011, 04:17 PM
That is sad. My condolences on your loss.

702XJCruiser
12-25-2011, 04:24 AM
Dang man sorry to hear that. I'm almost 30 years old and I've had my cat since I was 13 it's gonna suck when the time comes. Better to have had that buddy for those 6 good years than to have never had her at all.

Indiana Jeep
12-25-2011, 09:52 AM
Sorry she didn't make it. Prayers with you and your family.

XJ Wheeler
12-26-2011, 04:14 PM
I appreciate it guys. Its gonna be tough for a while, i still can't believe it. I'm going to miss her so much. I'll get through it, just takes time. Had a lot of good times.

OrangeXJ
12-26-2011, 05:03 PM
Just think of the good times it will help.

bluedragon436
01-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss!! I know how hard it is to love a loved pet.. It is hard to get past, but like said before remember the good times and the other negative will pass..