PDA

View Full Version : KJWildman's XJ

KJWildman
12-16-2011, 12:35 AM
Only had it for a week or so but here's a few pics of how it sits now
http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj351/larryewaller/My%20XJ/XJSideView.jpg

http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj351/larryewaller/My%20XJ/XJFrontView.jpg

http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj351/larryewaller/My%20XJ/XJFrontQuarterView.jpg

http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj351/larryewaller/My%20XJ/XJFrontSeats.jpg

Mudderoy
12-16-2011, 04:20 AM
Oh I bet those seats feel nice. :patriot:

jdougn
12-16-2011, 08:46 AM
Yeah, good start for a nice rig and I do like the seats! Seats like that are on the upgrade list of my XJ.
dn

4.3LXJ
12-16-2011, 10:57 AM
He is not going to need interior lights now with those seats

bluedragon436
12-16-2011, 11:57 AM
XJ looks good, can't wait to see what you build it into, especially after seeing what you did with the KJ... I would love to pick up a set of seats like those.. but they are def. on the one day mod list!!

xj4life2
12-16-2011, 02:56 PM
Nice start !! as for all of you drooling over his seats , please check the measurements to be sure you fit in them , they are not for the larger framed corn fed boys

jdougn
12-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Nice start !! as for all of you drooling over his seats , please check the measurements to be sure you fit in them , they are not for the larger framed corn fed boys
Ha! So I should install a lazyboy recliner instead and drive the XJ with a remote control? lol

RescueGreenXJ
12-23-2011, 08:43 AM
Niiiiiice seats! What kind are they?

RescueGreenXJ.wordpress.com

KJWildman
08-18-2013, 05:52 PM
WOW!!!! I haven't updated this forum since 12/2011? :indifferent0020: Guess this will be a hell of an update!!!

I'm lovin' my XJ with 268k miles on it now! I've done a FEW things to it since I bought it and posted here, so here goes!!

I ran the XJ like I bought it until the spring and then I hit a deer! No real damage so I kept driving it! Then over the summer I hit another one!:bang: This one did some damage! I'll have to locate the pics and upload them later, but I'll go ahead and update now.

When I hit the deer it was 1AM on a back county road about 2 miles from the house. It actually got caught under and in my left front suspension and tire and pulled the wheel HARD left! I went off the road, through a bush in a front yard, across their dirt driveway, through a split rail fence and head on into a tree!!! :bang:
I had just welded a new stinger on the front bumper and I think it took the brunt of the force because it was standing straight up and back against the grill!. I bent the bumper up, bent the tie rod, track bar, swaybar, and lower control arm on the passenger side. Didn't do ANY real body damage tho' ! :D

Insurance tried to total it , saying that the damage was more than it was worth but I talked the adjuster into writing me a check by telling him I was going to do all the work myself. He wrote me a very decent check and the personalized mods began!!!!

I started with a Skyjacker 1-1/4" tie rod. Also bought a new JKS adjustable track bar. Then I had to decide about the control arm. I decided to go all out with the insurance money and dropped the cash for a Iron Rock Off Road 4" LA kit with the drop cross member, y-link lower arms and rough country shocks. Then I found an online deal for both front and rear bumpers. Got a front winch bumper with shackle tabs and hoop and also a rear bumper with 2" receiver, shackle tabs and swing away tire carrier for $500! Got those all installed and then it was time for new tires. I bought 5 Wild Country MTX Radials in the 33x12.50/15 size and had them mounted and balanced. At this point I thought I was good for a while. Besides, the insurance money was gone now!!
Drove it like that, took it to Bundy Hill Off Road Park a few times and stretched its legs. Then I hit another deer! I had by now nicknamed my XJ "The Deerslayer"! So at that point, it was Deerslayer 2 - Deer 1!:) Luckily this time I stayed on the road and no damage except some residual deer on the bumper!! :D (By the way my count at this point is Deerslayer 5 --- Deer 1 ) I work the evening shift in Adrian, MI and live about 40 miles south, just West of Toledo and drive 2 lane county roads through cornfields and past a couple miles of state forest between 12 - 1AM five and six nights a week! Lots of deer!
After that point I added more lighting!!! I added some cheap Vatozone driving/spot lights on the front bumper and hooked them to the factory switch on the dash. That helped some!
Then I picked up some used Warn fogs (true yellow fogs) with the remote switch relay setup. I installed those on the front bumper and have moved the long range lights to some Detours USA A-pillar mounts and hooked those to the Warn remote switch. Then 2 weeks ago I installed LED headlights I got from automotivelightstore.com. They are made by Oracle right here in the good 'ol USA! I had to make a reducing adapter plate for them since they are 4x6 and ours are 5x7 headlights, but once I got them installed ........ I'm LOVIN' IT!!!!!! Now I see the deer before they see me!!!
Next on the list is some rear quarter guards I picked up from Rock Lizard Fabrications. I also have a 3/16" plate reinforcement for the framerail under the steering box and I have the rear backing plates, mounting hardware and hoses from a '98 ZJ for the rear disc converision on the D35. I still need to pick up rotors and pads/discs for those before installation.
I think I'm forgetting SOMETHING but I don't know what. Maybe I'll remember when I start going through the pics and uploading those. I'll try and get back on and update with pics in the next day or so.

Keep wheelin, keep it dirty!
Larry

Mudderoy
08-18-2013, 05:57 PM
WOW!!!! I haven't updated this forum since 12/2011? :indifferent0020: Guess this will be a hell of an update!!!

I'm lovin' my XJ with 268k miles on it now! I've done a FEW things to it since I bought it and posted here, so here goes!!

I ran the XJ like I bought it until the spring and then I hit a deer! No real damage so I kept driving it! Then over the summer I hit another one!:bang: This one did some damage! I'll have to locate the pics and upload them later, but I'll go ahead and update now.

When I hit the deer it was 1AM on a back county road about 2 miles from the house. It actually got caught under and in my left front suspension and tire and pulled the wheel HARD left! I went off the road, through a bush in a front yard, across their dirt driveway, through a split rail fence and head on into a tree!!! :bang:
I had just welded a new stinger on the front bumper and I think it took the brunt of the force because it was standing straight up and back against the grill!. I bent the bumper up, bent the tie rod, track bar, swaybar, and lower control arm on the passenger side. Didn't do ANY real body damage tho' ! :D

Insurance tried to total it , saying that the damage was more than it was worth but I talked the adjuster into writing me a check by telling him I was going to do all the work myself. He wrote me a very decent check and the personalized mods began!!!!

I started with a Skyjacker 1-1/4" tie rod. Also bought a new JKS adjustable track bar. Then I had to decide about the control arm. I decided to go all out with the insurance money and dropped the cash for a Iron Rock Off Road 4" LA kit with the drop cross member, y-link lower arms and rough country shocks. Then I found an online deal for both front and rear bumpers. Got a front winch bumper with shackle tabs and hoop and also a rear bumper with 2" receiver, shackle tabs and swing away tire carrier for $500! Got those all installed and then it was time for new tires. I bought 5 Wild Country MTX Radials in the 33x12.50/15 size and had them mounted and balanced. At this point I thought I was good for a while. Besides, the insurance money was gone now!!
Drove it like that, took it to Bundy Hill Off Road Park a few times and stretched its legs. Then I hit another deer! I had by now nicknamed my XJ "The Deerslayer"! So at that point, it was Deerslayer 2 - Deer 1!:) Luckily this time I stayed on the road and no damage except some residual deer on the bumper!! :D (By the way my count at this point is Deerslayer 5 --- Deer 1 ) I work the evening shift in Adrian, MI and live about 40 miles south, just West of Toledo and drive 2 lane county roads through cornfields and past a couple miles of state forest between 12 - 1AM five and six nights a week! Lots of deer!
After that point I added more lighting!!! I added some cheap Vatozone driving/spot lights on the front bumper and hooked them to the factory switch on the dash. That helped some!
Then I picked up some used Warn fogs (true yellow fogs) with the remote switch relay setup. I installed those on the front bumper and have moved the long range lights to some Detours USA A-pillar mounts and hooked those to the Warn remote switch. Then 2 weeks ago I installed LED headlights I got from automotivelightstore.com. They are made by Oracle right here in the good 'ol USA! I had to make a reducing adapter plate for them since they are 4x6 and ours are 5x7 headlights, but once I got them installed ........ I'm LOVIN' IT!!!!!! Now I see the deer before they see me!!!
Next on the list is some rear quarter guards I picked up from Rock Lizard Fabrications. I also have a 3/16" plate reinforcement for the framerail under the steering box and I have the rear backing plates, mounting hardware and hoses for the rear disc converision on the D35. I still need to pick up rotors and pads/discs for those before installation.
I think I'm forgetting SOMETHING but I don't know what. Maybe I'll remember when I start going through the pics and uploading those. I'll try and get back on and update with pics in the next day or so.

Keep wheelin, keep it dirty!
Larry

Damn man, the deer are as thick as rats up there! Welcome back! Have you been back to :xjtalk: since 2011?

KJWildman
08-18-2013, 06:02 PM
Ya I've been on a couple times but haven't posted. I just read some of the updates I get via email mostly. Guess I need to make a more concerted effort to get on here!!!!!

XJ Wheeler
08-18-2013, 09:56 PM
I guess welcome back, of sorts. Thanks for the update. You ever tried those deer warning whistle things? Don't know if they work but might be worth a shot. Thank God they weren't moose! Those are bigger than horses.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Mudderoy
08-18-2013, 10:56 PM
Ya I've been on a couple times but haven't posted. I just read some of the updates I get via email mostly. Guess I need to make a more concerted effort to get on here!!!!!

Hey no worries. You should do exactly what you want. The site is here for the members not the other way around. I was just curious. We'll be here! :beer: :D

kxraptor
09-28-2013, 10:01 PM
Are the seats a "bolt in"????Or do you have to create a frame.Thanx

KJWildman
10-04-2013, 03:29 PM
The seats were in it when I bought it, but I looked at them and the PO had to make a bracket to fit the factory slides.

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Tapatalk 2