PDA

View Full Version : Well I've had it with my Motorola Cliq XT Android Phone (Samsung Galaxy S II)

Mudderoy
12-12-2011, 02:48 PM
It came with Android 1.5 and after two years it still has the same version!!! My wife and I each got one at the same time, our first smartphones.

We replaced her nearly dead XT Cliq a couple of months ago with a HTC Sensation. My God that is a nice fast phone in comparison.

I decided I was going to go with the Samsung Galaxy S II from TMobile. I decided to give them at all and part with $200+ to get it. I was hoping to wait until the price came down to $100 or so, but you know if it's new... I considered just getting the Sensation like my wife did. It was $99 at WalMart.

After calling TMobile and getting our family plan changed from 700 minutes to 1000 (same price) I told the rep that I wanted to upgrade my phone. I don't upgrade phones very often. My phone prior to the Cliq XT was a Razer. ;)

I told him what phone I wanted and he said "OK, It's free!" I confirmed we were talking about the Samsung Galaxy S II and he assured me that was the right one. So free shipping and free phone. I just have to extend my contract, which I knew I was going to do anyway...

It's coming from Fort Worth, so it should be here pretty quick. That means 1080P videos coming to xjtalk very very soon. :D

XJ Wheeler
12-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Good luck, i use a Samsung Charge. One of the worst decisions I've ever made. It has too many glitches and problems to list. If you could classify any phone as a lemon this would be it. I have to restart it about three times a day. It looses signals constantly. It will shut down at least once a day.

This is my first smart phone, well second. Two months after i got it the signal just disappeared and wouldn't come back. So they sent me a used one, and it has very nearly the same exact problems. For two months use and $300 i have a horrible USED phone.I'm now about seven months into having it and it still isn't any different. If you were wondering, i use Verizon (for now).

Needless to say, once i get rid of this pile (probably in a couple years:banghead:) I'm staying far away from Samsung.

I do hope your Galaxy doesn't give you the problems my Charge gave me.

Mudderoy
12-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Good luck, i use a Samsung Charge. One of the worst decisions I've ever made. It has too many glitches and problems to list. If you could classify any phone as a lemon this would be it. I have to restart it about three times a day. It looses signals constantly. It will shut down at least once a day.

This is my first smart phone, well second. Two months after i got it the signal just disappeared and wouldn't come back. So they sent me a used one, and it has very nearly the same exact problems. For two months use and $300 i have a horrible USED phone.I'm now about seven months into having it and it still isn't any different. If you were wondering, i use Verizon (for now).

Needless to say, once i get rid of this pile (probably in a couple years:banghead:) I'm staying far away from Samsung.

I do hope your Galaxy doesn't give you the problems my Charge gave me.

Thanks for the heads up. Yeah it sounds a lot like how my wife's Cliq XT acted. She was on her 2nd one when it finally just was running so slow it was unusable.

XJ Wheeler
12-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Exactly, its just so frustrating some times. I've had it just shut off while i had a call, the whole phone, not just the call. I am surprised this thing isn't deeply imbedded in the drywall by now.

4.3LXJ
12-12-2011, 03:55 PM
I have a Droid X from Motorola. It is 3G, but that is all that is available here. Seems to work OK for me. 4G would be better but I have to travel nearly 100 miles to have it available.

Sneedle Vision
12-12-2011, 04:13 PM
I have yet to find a Motorola Android phone that works very well. I can't say anything about the new Razr because I haven't fiddled with it.

I have spent a little bit of time with the new Samsungs and they are starting to grow on me. I have been using the HTC Incredible for the past 18 months and between the power of that phone with HTC's Sense U/I, I don't ever see me switching as long as they keep updating it.

I guess I'm saying, GOOD CHOICE! :thumbsup:

Mudderoy
12-12-2011, 04:17 PM
I have yet to find a Motorola Android phone that works very well. I can't say anything about the new Razr because I haven't fiddled with it.

I have spent a little bit of time with the new Samsungs and they are starting to grow on me. I have been using the HTC Incredible for the past 18 months and between the power of that phone with HTC's Sense U/I, I don't ever see me switching as long as they keep updating it.

I guess I'm saying, GOOD CHOICE! :thumbsup:

Maybe I already typed this... My wife's new HTC Sensation is amazing.

Weldmen
12-12-2011, 07:47 PM
I use a (Droid) Samsung Charge also, and the wife uses a Iphone. I love my charge, it has a big screen. 1080p vid, and a ton of apps for it. She keeps trying to talk me into a IPhone. Naaa :D

Mudderoy
12-13-2011, 02:43 AM
I use a (Droid) Samsung Charge also, and the wife uses a Iphone. I love my charge, it has a big screen. 1080p vid, and a ton of apps for it. She keeps trying to talk me into a IPhone. Naaa :D

Yeah our house is an Apple free zone. They can keep coming out with innovated products. Pushing the rest of the industry.

msmoorenburg
12-13-2011, 07:03 AM
your gonna love the improvements here is my video (sound muted) from the New Droid Razar. its mounted via suction cup stand :D

http://youtu.be/H6Oyh6qZ_hs

Mudderoy
12-13-2011, 08:33 AM
I received a text from tmobile this morning, the phone is on backorder :(

XJ4IV
12-13-2011, 09:27 AM
It came with Android 1.5 and after two years it still has the same version!!! My wife and I each got one at the same time, our first smartphones.

We replaced her nearly dead XT Cliq a couple of months ago with a HTC Sensation. My God that is a nice fast phone in comparison.

I decided I was going to go with the Samsung Galaxy S II from TMobile. I decided to give them at all and part with $200+ to get it. I was hoping to wait until the price came down to $100 or so, but you know if it's new... I considered just getting the Sensation like my wife did. It was $99 at WalMart.

After calling TMobile and getting our family plan changed from 700 minutes to 1000 (same price) I told the rep that I wanted to upgrade my phone. I don't upgrade phones very often. My phone prior to the Cliq XT was a Razer. ;)

I told him what phone I wanted and he said "OK, It's free!" I confirmed we were talking about the Samsung Galaxy S II and he assured me that was the right one. So free shipping and free phone. I just have to extend my contract, which I knew I was going to do anyway...

It's coming from Fort Worth, so it should be here pretty quick. That means 1080P videos coming to xjtalk very very soon. :D

WOW I just called in to T-mobile on saturday evening to see about upgrades and all they were offering me for under a 100.... with a FULL upgrade option was a phone pretty much equal to what I already have... how did I get the shaft?

Mudderoy
12-13-2011, 09:53 AM
WOW I just called in to T-mobile on saturday evening to see about upgrades and all they were offering me for under a 100.... with a FULL upgrade option was a phone pretty much equal to what I already have... how did I get the shaft?

Look I'll tell you like I tell my wife, I'm me and you are you. rofl

XJ4IV
12-13-2011, 10:55 AM
guess everyones in the holiday spirit lately.... which apparently has turned into every man for themselves

Mudderoy
12-13-2011, 11:20 AM
guess everyones in the holiday spirit lately.... which apparently has turned into every man for themselves

:boohoo: :cry: :rotfl2:

Mudderoy
12-14-2011, 04:18 PM
Back ordered, out of stock, no estimated date to arrive!

That was yesterday!

Today, I got a tracking number! :D

I checked my account and the DID CHARGE ME FOR THE PHONE!!!! and SHIPPING!!!! Bastards! :mad0090:

I keep looking then I saw a $250 credit! :smiley-laughing021:

So I think I made $3 on the deal!

http://www.laptopmag.com/images/uploads/r304/31378.jpg

XJ Wheeler
12-15-2011, 10:53 PM

WHAT? So its just mine. :bang: What company do you use? Maybe Verizon is screwing with me.

Mudderoy
12-17-2011, 04:36 AM
Delivery is scheduled for Monday. I'll give a review and some pictures once I get it up and running. :D