PDA

View Full Version : Plastikote on bumpers and such...

Mudderoy
12-09-2011, 12:30 PM
I've been using PlastiKote on my DETOURS bumpers, as recommended by Mark. Well he said there was some bed liners stuff at WalMart, and when I checked it was PlastiKote.

Anyway it does well and is thicker and has a rubbery texture to it, than plain black paint.

The spray cans are pricey, like $8 each, so I finally bought a gallon of the stuff, but now I need to figure out what size opening I need in a air spray gun.

It's not real thick like Rino liner, or I guess has large pieces of crap that spray, it just seems to be a thick paint.

I sent an e-mail to the PlastiKote people asking for their recommendation.

4.3LXJ
12-09-2011, 01:08 PM
That would also be determined by whether or not you can cut it with something.

Sneedle Vision
12-09-2011, 01:23 PM
I would also like to hear what the say. I was trying to make the same decision.

Although, I'm having a hard time finding Plastikote. Duplicolor seems to be the only thing I can find in stock.

Mudderoy
12-09-2011, 01:44 PM
I would also like to hear what the say. I was trying to make the same decision.

Although, I'm having a hard time finding Plastikote. Duplicolor seems to be the only thing I can find in stock.

The WalMart by the house stopped carrying it. I called to one about 3 miles away and they have it but only in spray cans. I checked online and I saw that Tractor Supply carries it. Went over there (about as far as the WalMart) and they had 1 1-gallon can and about 5 spray cans. $50 for the 1-gallon can.

bluedragon436
12-10-2011, 12:17 AM
I was just about to say check Tractor Supply if you have one near by... because I have been looking at picking up the Plastikote from my local TSC...

bigjim350
12-10-2011, 12:21 AM
I have a bed liner spray gun. It should work good for that. Let me check it and make sure its still in good shape. If so, your more than welcome to use it.

Mudderoy
12-10-2011, 03:13 AM
I have a bed liner spray gun. It should work good for that. Let me check it and make sure its still in good shape. If so, your more than welcome to use it.

Thanks Jim. I was looking at one of those but I think the opening is much bigger than it necessary for the PlastiKote. I think those bed liner guns are made for bed liner that has chunks of plastic in them. The PlastiKote is thinner. I guess I could just measure the hole in the spray can.

This is the downside to shopping online, you can't see how big the holes are! :smiley-gen165:

cpttuna
09-21-2012, 09:00 PM
If we are talking about the same stuff, I get it for $5.99 a can at Lowe's.

Mudderoy
09-28-2012, 01:05 PM
If we are talking about the same stuff, I get it for $5.99 a can at Lowe's.

I'll have to take a picture of it. I used to get it at WalMart, now I've only found it at Tractor Supply.

Sneedle Vision
09-28-2012, 01:54 PM
had a picture on my phone from when a buddy helped me try to find it for when i sprayed my bumper/sliders.

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j388/sneedlevision/IMAG0197x.jpg

Mudderoy
10-04-2012, 04:23 PM
had a picture on my phone from when a buddy helped me try to find it for when i sprayed my bumper/sliders.

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j388/sneedlevision/IMAG0197x.jpg

Yep, that's what I have.