PDA

View Full Version : Statement on MJs death

BlueXJ
07-08-2009, 12:19 PM
I found this on another Jeep site and it frames the way I feel about the whole MJ news circus. No matter how you felt about the man this sums up what seems to be the current way that I feel.

I always liked him and his music. So sue me.

As for the media, they RARELY report anything worthwhile, or anything worth knowing. They report what pulls in ratings, cuz they're money-making machines just like any other cable network. All the big news outlets had streaming live coverage of the memorial on their websites. I bet they got more traffic to their sites than they've ever got - probably more than last year's election, which was also HUGE for the internet. I'd hate to see how much the companies paid for the scrolling ads that played next to the MJ memorial video. Love him, hate him... doesn't matter - his life was a circus, and his death was no different. There was money to be made, so everyone with an angle on how to make it, DID. Rather than be mad at the media for covering nothing but Michael Jackson related news yesterday because you dislike Michael Jackson, you should be mad at them for cashing in on the death of ANYONE. While you're at it, be mad at his family for allowing coverage of their son's/brother's demise to be paraded around and offered up to the highest bidder. Unfortunately his entire life was handled in this way, and I think that's what made him so "weird'. You couldn't pay me enough to live the life he lived, and had I lived it, I would've probably ended up just as socially and physically awkward as he was, found addictions and vices to ease the tension, and would've ultimately been scrutinized about my "odd" behavior and people would have probably assumed and accused me of things I did or did not do.

Anyways, I'm sick of hearing about it too. For different reasons.

kmanxj
07-08-2009, 12:31 PM
x1,000,000 anybody would have been messed up living their whole life like that.

And like i said if you havent ever jammed to "Thriller" or any other MJ song you mine as well not be an american. lol

Mudderoy
07-08-2009, 01:23 PM
I disagree. MJ was an adult and as an adult it was his responsibility to seek the help he needed, if any. He certainly was able to afford a doctor and as an adult it was his decision to heed their warnings and advise on what medicine to take, if any.

It doesn't matter what happened to him as a child, it didn't matter what happened to him as an adult. It was his responsibility as it is all of ours.

I don't dislike Michael Jackson. I enjoyed many of his songs, and even though I'm not a huge fan of dancing, pretty woman excluded, I could tell he was a very good dancer. I believe he had a genuine love of children as well.

With that said, I did not watch, and will not watch all the media hype surrounding his death. I am interested in finding out what he died of, and as you can tell I believe it was his self medication that killed him. I think he was going against what the medical community around him told him to do and he paid with his life.

We see this over and over again with celebrities, Heath Ledger for example.

Kids do what the doctors and pharmacists tell you! Truthfully if you can get away with it don't take ANY drugs. They never really know how it will effect you.

It all boils down to personal responsibility.

:rant:

Melissa
07-08-2009, 03:47 PM
I loved MJ's music and thought he was an exceptional performer, but I did not watch any of the coverage about his death and the funeral, I finally ended up turning off the televison for days because of all the coverage. While the media was hyping over MJ, 17 of our boys fighting over seas were killed in action, but that came second over the MJ coverage. In fact some like Glenn Beck and Bill O'Reilly lost viewers because they did not want to cover the death of MJ 24-7, instead wanted to focus on the news that was happening all around us.

MJ is dead, life goes on.

Voldemort
07-08-2009, 05:26 PM
I all the time see people getting out of horrible violent crimes because of things that had supposedly happened to them as children, but in his case because of the money he should have been able to overcome!:rolleyes: He did help and he may have not been able to do i alone and instead of some one helping him they tried to set him up and use their children to make a quick dollar.:headshake::headshake::headshake: All I have to say is when he ALLEGEDLY put children in a gross sexual imposition he was put up on a cross, but for a while there every other day I saw that priests (men of the cloth) were doing these same things and most where of a more violating nature. But yet not many of them were dragged thru the mud and crucified because they were not "famous" and that is just as wrong.

whowey
07-08-2009, 05:46 PM
I thought this was gonna be something important about Comanches.. not more garbage about the pedophile junkie media whore.....

xjjeepthing
07-08-2009, 07:39 PM
I'm not saying shit

Mudderoy
07-08-2009, 09:44 PM
I thought this was gonna be something important about Comanches.. not more garbage about the pedophile junkie media whore.....

rofl, I like it!

Mudderoy
07-08-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm not saying shit

Hell my mouth always tastes like foot!

firehawk
07-08-2009, 09:49 PM
I'm not saying shit

Meeeeeeeee...neither!:headshake:

Voldemort
07-09-2009, 12:43 AM
That is all I do is talk shit Bro! Other wise I would have nothing to say.

DETOURS
07-09-2009, 04:20 PM
I tried moon walking once..........twisted my ankle. :headshake: