PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Swap

AJ99
07-07-2009, 12:46 AM
Has anyone on here gone from a manual to an automatic? I am having some issues with the swap doing the electrical. So i was wondering if anyone on here has done the swap before?

Mudderoy
07-07-2009, 03:13 AM
I wish I was going from an automatic to a standard.

Hopefully you'll get some help here, but either way please share with us what you find. I think it could help someone doing either swap.

AJ99
07-07-2009, 12:55 PM
Well so far make sure you have all of the electrical wiring for the engine compartment, transmission computer, engine computer, tranny, tranny cooler, possibly drive lines. You also need the comfort switch, brake pedal assembly, throttle body from the automatics engine. I dont advise doing the swap... wish i didnt get this far into it lol... It has been hectic.

Mudderoy
07-07-2009, 01:09 PM
I know I like the automatic most of the time, but I'd glady give up that little bit of comfort for a standard. Why are you going to an auto?

AJ99
07-07-2009, 11:38 PM
Doing the rock thing with a stick shift totally sucks. I love driving a stick around town but once it is up in the hills it sucks. Dont think im not that good at with a stick shift i have been driving a stick since i was 16. But once i get up in the hills it is a different ball game. I have gone through two clutches in the past year. I am not geared and i just blew up the stick shift in may. I could get this auto from a friend for 50 bucks and not have to worry about clutches anymore.