PDA

View Full Version : fender flare retainer - rear ( left & right)

mickey1973
10-12-2011, 09:45 PM
I am looking for the rear retainers that hold up the rear fender flares... does anyone have some for sale?

My jeep is a 2000

or would just removing those retainers and just using nuts & bolts would be better?

Thank You
Mickey

Wagonrunner
10-12-2011, 10:45 PM
I replaced mine with stainless steel bolts, washers, and locknuts about three years ago, so far they have held up better than the factory retainers. I would clean and prime the flare supports before reattaching them, will save alot of time later in life.

Good Luck

mickey1973
10-13-2011, 08:54 AM
I replaced mine with stainless steel bolts, washers, and locknuts about three years ago, so far they have held up better than the factory retainers. I would clean and prime the flare supports before reattaching them, will save alot of time later in life.

Good Luck
thank you

mickey1973
10-13-2011, 10:38 AM
thank you
Nice, that's what i am gonna do too... stealership wants 50$ per side for 2 retainers...

mickey1973
10-13-2011, 10:39 AM

Good Luck
Nice, that's what i am gonna do too... stealership wants 50$ per side for 2 retainers...