PDA

View Full Version : Second XJTalk Gift Card Give Away titled "Idiot Award"

msmoorenburg
10-05-2011, 08:53 AM
So post up your true story's. You know the ones they your regret doing but find it funny later. Pics would be great too follow too. I'll ask the moderators to vote on the best one by 10-29-11 and announce the winner on the 31st

:mock:

BlueXJ
10-05-2011, 12:22 PM
This sounds like a job that I look forward to. I have seen quite a bit that would qualify for an idiot award so lets see your submissions guys and girls.

bigjim350
10-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Come on Matt, you just trying to figure out a way to give yourself the prize :D

msmoorenburg
10-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Come on Matt, you just trying to figure out a way to give yourself the prize :D

its easy i'm friends with you :shocker:

Carves
10-05-2011, 02:56 PM
An Idiot Award .. :shocker:

Awwwww .... not fair .. :mad:

Cantabs gunna win it everytime ...... :smiley-laughing021:

Metlic53
10-05-2011, 03:43 PM
Ok A true story that i regret doing.

It was a rainy day when i first got my license back in 2007, I had my white 97 XJ and dad had a 90 YJ. It had been raining all day and we decided it was time to take a stroll to the San Jacinto back in magnolia bend behind our neighborhood. We found some pretty good holes to go through and then i saw a road i hadn't seen before. I decided to drive down it, (my dad some ways behind me in the YJ) I saw a very steep hill and got out to examine it, I only looked on the left side of the hill and it was very muddy and i said what the heck i'll go down it, I got back in the Jeep and started easing down, all of a sudden the right front side slides slightly right and i drop down like 5 feet, by the time the jeep stopped it was sitting straight up and down, being help up by the front clip and bumper (this was when it was stock). It was basically teeter tottering so i immediately jumped out of it and grabbed the back tires, if i barely pushed it would have gone completely over. My dad comes flying down the hill flipping out asking what i was thinking, what i didn't know was a back hoe had dug a deep hole on the right side of the hill and i was in too much of a hurry to look at that side which i immediately regreted. My dad quickly hooks up a strap to pull my jeep out and i told him not to hook it to the loose part in the YJ's bumper, he said it would be fine, he gave it one tug and ripped the whole bumper off the YJ. He was pissed...by that time, the owners of the property showed up which made things even worse. we finally got her out and the only damage i had was the plastic bumper piece was dented in and my alignment was way out of whack. Maybe thats why i've had so much trouble with the alignment since this incident. I regret being young and not looking at every angle like i should have. I could have easily totaled my new ride. Now my dad and I look back on it and laugh and he tells all his friends how dumb i was :watermelon:
i dont have any pictures, so just imagine standing up and the gas tank at your face lol

cantab27
10-05-2011, 11:54 PM
An Idiot Award .. :shocker:

Awwwww .... not fair .. :mad:

Cantabs gunna win it everytime ...... :smiley-laughing021:

lol...dudes got similar user name but no 27......idiot...:out:........:wink:

saar
10-06-2011, 01:18 AM
Hi,

Nothing that I'm proud of.. :-)
As most of you know (I think) I'm restoring an Alfa Spider.
2 months ago I gave the cylinder head to the workshop for rebuilt.
One of their tasks was to set the valves clearance.

2 weeks ago, I installed the VVT solenoid and checked the valves clearance, I noticed that the intake ones have over 1mm difference than it should be.
I got pissed, called the workshop and got the engine back to them, telling them that I do not understand how they gave me the engine like that!

Then they asked, maybe I replaced the camshaft....
I felt like an idiot... sure I did, I fixed the VVT and replaced the camshaft with a used one I got from another store...

I apologized again and again and get back home with a shame...
Saar

prcjeep
10-06-2011, 03:48 AM
***WARNING*** PICTURES ARE GRAPHIC** IF YOU DONT LIKE BLOOD DONT LOOK***

Well here goes, I’m sure I have several that I could put in here but this is the first that comes to mind...

One night(early morning bout 3AM) 5 months ago I was drivin around with my gf looking for anything interesting to wheel. Well we stumbled upon a gas right-of-way down here in south Houston and started cruisin around... going this way and that way down whatever other pipelines crossed just seeing where they went and how far etcetera.
I found a hole in a fence that followed a small ditch and followed that it... Next thing I know all the trees and shrubs were gone and were on some really short and really green grass... A golf course! lol So I tootled around for a bit drivin through sand traps and what not just for fun( I didn’t really tear up the course). Before we headed back towards the pipeline we took a couple souvenirs... Flagpoles...
Being it was about 4am at this point we decide to head back down the main pipeline towards the road and my lead foot disease set in and we were haulin a$$ & bumping right along the rough trail... When I come to, I cant see, I’m stopped, jeep stalled, uncontrollable throwing up and my hand is on my head with blood gushing from it... My gf is hysterical and I'm trying to get her to tell me what had happened.
Turns out with the flag poles going from the back cargo area and out the rear drivers window, they stuck out a bit. Weeell. The flag end of the poles caught a tree branch, bending them back until something gave... They didn’t break, instead they came loose from whatever they were wedged against in the back and whipped around like a catapult and the iron end of the poles hit me in the head. :bang:

http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad210/prcrawfo/0529110510.jpg
http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad210/prcrawfo/downsized_0529110521.jpg
http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad210/prcrawfo/downsized_0529110601.jpg
http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad210/prcrawfo/0530111242.jpg
http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad210/prcrawfo/0609111425.jpg

Outcome was a major concussion with two head contusions that got 8 staples.

My gf went back a day later & collected the flag poles that were still laying where they got pulled out by the tree brush

cantab27
10-06-2011, 03:53 AM
bahahahaha............brilliant...... i new golf was a stupid dangerous game..

Firemanray
10-06-2011, 07:01 AM
That was painfully halarious!!! Contest over, we have a winner. :D

Mudderoy
10-06-2011, 09:07 AM
If you had died you could have won the Darwin award.

It's cool that you have your own medical stapling gun. Ahhh it was a medical one wasn't it? :pray: :poke: :rotfl2:

Metlic53
10-06-2011, 09:40 AM
OUCH! That looks like it hurt like crap...By the way, i work at a golf course lol :D

Mudderoy
10-06-2011, 10:35 AM
This is horrible Patrick! I'm glad you made it out ok. Matt told me that the only after effect is when you are struck in the head, and even a mild tap, you scream at the top of your lungs "FOOOOOUUUUURRRR!!!!!"

prcjeep
10-06-2011, 10:38 AM
If you had died you could have won the Darwin award.

It's cool that you have your own medical stapling gun. Ahhh it was a medical one wasn't it? :pray: :poke: :rotfl2:

It was a medical one and was at the hospital. It wasn't easy to tell them a believable story that didn't involve stolen flagpoles... They had a cop question me after I was fixed up to make sure I wasn't involved in an assult of some kind.
As far as a medical staple remover.. I thought i could do it without one. Took one out:sign0181:, then went to the clinic lol

prcjeep
10-06-2011, 10:41 AM
This is horrible Patrick! I'm glad you made it out ok. Matt told me that the only after effect is when you are struck in the head, and even a mild tap, you scream at the top of your lungs "FOOOOOUUUUURRRR!!!!!"

:smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021: that's a good one!!! lmao

LizardRunner
10-06-2011, 03:42 PM
One does not mess with the golf spirits, they are Scottish ya know, they will slap you about as you found out. Glad it didn't do more serious damage to you, the gf or the xj. That could have been far worse somehow I'm sure.

4.3LXJ
10-06-2011, 05:19 PM
This may mot qualify, but in my youth I worked for a timber company aa a timbee cruiser. I used 69 Bronco when I needed to wheel imto remote areas. I had this little patch isolated by other private land to do. I had a real gopd hunting dog at the time that just loved the woods. So I loaded him up anc headed south. I foind the road I needed and headed up it. There was a gate, but it was open. I passed a house, but didn't think much of it. The dog had a great time and I made a feq bucks and it was time to head home. We came to the gate and found it locked anx an angdy man standing by it accusing me of trespassing and tearing up his land. I gor out tp talk to him anx was explaining who I worked for etc. when my dog decided he did not like the guy and quietly got out and peed on his leg while I was trying to talk my way past the gate. I am not sure who the bigger idiot, me or the dog, but we eventually got home.

Firemanray
10-06-2011, 08:24 PM
15 years old, driving on a hardship license, I had a '69 Ford p/u with a 390 in it. On the way home from school one rainy day I decided to show my butt by spinning my tires for about 200 yards only to realize, AFTER, I finished, that all the crap I had slung up off of the road was now on the hood of ..... a COP car which was cruising along behind me. Believe it or not I talked my way out of a ticket. I just needed new undies when the cops got done with me!!

bigjim350
10-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Well my vote still goes to patrick. However I always thought he deserved the award, even before the golf course fiasco.

Firemanray
10-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Yeah Patrick will do, here's evidence:
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/firemanray21/pics079.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/firemanray21/pics064.jpg

prcjeep
10-06-2011, 11:23 PM
Yeah Patrick will do, here's evidence:
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/firemanray21/pics079.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/firemanray21/pics064.jpg

Never noticed this til now... But in my hand in the second picture is my new cat... lol

Up til now i just thought it was a beer box

prcjeep
10-06-2011, 11:25 PM
also what is crazy is that my Jeep is the only one that still has carpet(clean!) and no odor inside after having a water line like that

bigjim350
10-06-2011, 11:30 PM
OHH it has an odor. You just don't notice it cause it comes from you.... :D

LizardRunner
10-07-2011, 12:29 PM
:shocker: Well I was going to tell one but somehow I feel like it wouldn't amount to a speck in the shadow of this fireball. :sign0181:

Mudderoy
10-07-2011, 12:32 PM
:shocker: Well I was going to tell one but somehow I feel like it wouldn't amount to a speck in the shadow of this fireball. :sign0181:

rofl

msmoorenburg
10-13-2011, 07:17 AM
Any other Jeepers what to add to this :pray:

prcjeep
10-13-2011, 04:28 PM
I have another one... lol

Mudderoy
10-13-2011, 04:29 PM
I have another one... lol

I think you're a HEAD now. Get it? A HEAD?

prcjeep
10-13-2011, 04:38 PM
got it Tony, thanks :)

Showtime3492
10-17-2011, 01:24 AM
Oh man that looks like it hurt like hell!

prcjeep
10-17-2011, 03:11 PM
just a little bit... but the meds were nice :D

Anybody else?? :(

4.3LXJ
10-17-2011, 10:10 PM
OK, here is one for HUMWEE Jr. He doesn't have internet access right now. When he was young, he would follow me out to the shop and "help" me with stuff. Here is an example when he was really little.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/warriorsuspension/IMG_0001.jpg

One day out in my shop, I had an old car tire and rim sitting in a horizontal position to use as a carousel. He picked up a ball peen hammer and discovered it would bounce off an inflated tire. The then discovered he could make it bounce a little higher if he hit it harder. And before I could say anything, he reached back to the next county and swung it as hard as he could. Nailed him right in the middle of the forehead. We are both still laughing about it.

prcjeep
10-17-2011, 11:07 PM
lol NICE! kids do the darndest things...

msmoorenburg
10-21-2011, 08:57 PM
So its time to wrap up this giveaway and my vote is for Patrick :banghead:

Other mods votes??

Firemanray
10-21-2011, 09:01 PM
I hate to pick on Patrick, he is a really nice guy. Even though I'm not a mod I have to throw my vote his way.

cantab27
10-22-2011, 02:58 AM
are we voting on this.......ok patrick , cause thats a hoot of a yarn.....

msmoorenburg
10-25-2011, 09:06 AM
So the winner is Patrick :frog: congrats on your bad luck :bang::bang:

You get a $50 JeepinOutfitters.com gift certificate!!!

http://jeepinoutfitters.com/banners/jeepinoutfittersbanner-xjt.gif

bluedragon436
10-25-2011, 09:45 AM
Congrats Patrick!!

XJ Rat
10-25-2011, 12:22 PM
http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/warriorsuspension/IMG_0001.jpg

That wouldn't happen to be an Armstrong Tru-Trac tire on that Jeep, would it?

prcjeep
10-25-2011, 03:16 PM
So the winner is Patrick :frog: congrats on your bad luck :bang::bang:

You get a $50 JeepinOutfitters.com gift certificate!!!

http://jeepinoutfitters.com/banners/jeepinoutfittersbanner-xjt.gif

Yippie kiyaay fother muckers! lol Let's see what I can shop for!
And thanks Mod's! This is THE xj site of the internet!