PDA

View Full Version : Rig of the Month

dagr8tim
10-03-2011, 07:37 PM
I'm going to put my money where my mouth is for an experiment. Let's have a rig of the month contest. Let's try Nov & Dec as a trial and see where it goes. The idea is simple. I'll make a donation to the site in the name of the user who wins. We're starting now with a winner being chosen for Nov & Dec.

Rules are simple:
- Must be your rig.
- If you win one month, you are not eligible to win the next.
- You cannot submit the same picture 2 months in a row.
- Deadline is the 25th of the month to be considered for the following month.

Maybe we can convince the admin's to cook up something so the winner has it listed in their profile or next to their names in their posts. Winners will be choose by my fiance (who could care less about jeeps and makes the perfect impartial judge).

Let's see some rigs.

Converted96XJ
10-03-2011, 08:41 PM
good idea, im for it.

dagr8tim
10-03-2011, 08:44 PM
good idea, im for it.

Post up man. I've seen your XJ on FB and I like it. Good thing I'm not judging this.

cantab27
10-03-2011, 08:47 PM
something like this.....but a bit more maybe..owner to do a profile and info of said xj

http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=981&highlight=featured

dagr8tim
10-03-2011, 08:50 PM
something like this.....but a bit more maybe..owner to do a profile and info of said xj

http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=981&highlight=featured

Yeah, but the last post was in March. :-(

cantab27
10-03-2011, 08:53 PM
yep....i like the idea...........see what interest there is....could be a good thing

msmoorenburg
10-03-2011, 08:54 PM
yep....i like the idea...........see what interest there is....could be a good thing

well post up wayne :)

XJ4IV
10-03-2011, 08:57 PM
I think that Tony had this conversation a couple years back and opted to not have a "rig of the month" per say but he opted for a featured rig however I think even THAT has gone to the wayside for some reason, anyhow I think it would be cool to let folks vote for the ROTM (rig of the month) I vote..... ME lol

cantab27
10-03-2011, 09:00 PM
well post up wayne :)

what , pics of a dead drowned jeep..oh you would like that....:smiley-taunt013:

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr52/cantab27/jeepin%20and%20bits/waterrat004.jpg

dagr8tim
10-03-2011, 09:08 PM
I think that Tony had this conversation a couple years back and opted to not have a "rig of the month" per say but he opted for a featured rig however I think even THAT has gone to the wayside for some reason, anyhow I think it would be cool to let folks vote for the ROTM (rig of the month) I vote..... ME lol

I have no problems with members voting. We do something similar on my jeep club's website.

cherokeewrecker
10-03-2011, 09:17 PM
I think it would be a pretty good idea to do.

Converted96XJ
10-03-2011, 09:19 PM
Post up man. I've seen your XJ on FB and I like it. Good thing I'm not judging this.

lol, thanks. i dont have any offroad pics though... so i dont know how pumped everyone would be over it...lol

LizardRunner
10-03-2011, 09:23 PM
sounds like a bang up idea and worth taking some pics and posting them up.

cantab27
10-03-2011, 09:27 PM
hows it going to work mate....first 4-6 jeeps up then run a poll??????..maybe that winner picks following months rig and so on....

dagr8tim
10-03-2011, 09:29 PM
hows it going to work mate....first 4-6 jeeps up then run a poll??????..maybe that winner picks following months rig and so on....

I was thinking let whoever is a member of the site can vote. Or find an impartial judge.

XJ4IV
10-03-2011, 09:58 PM
we have a poll option however the BEST thing to do is bring the idea to tony and he can incorporate a thread that is designed for exactly that basically he can post up a thread to where from say the 15th to the 25th anyone can post up a SINGLE picture of their jeep and from the 25- last day of the month anyone can vote but ONLY once
and then on the 1st everything gets tallied up and then at such an such hour on the 1st the ROTM is posted and his or her rig will be debuted on the home page of XJTalk.com... or something like that lol

bigjim350
10-04-2011, 12:44 AM
I'll vote for anything NOT red :D But yeah sounds like a great idea. Im always game to be a pic whore.

msmoorenburg
10-04-2011, 07:40 AM
i vote for anything that's not a Pull Toy :)

Mudderoy
10-04-2011, 09:23 AM
we have a poll option however the BEST thing to do is bring the idea to tony and he can incorporate a thread that is designed for exactly that basically he can post up a thread to where from say the 15th to the 25th anyone can post up a SINGLE picture of their jeep and from the 25- last day of the month anyone can vote but ONLY once
and then on the 1st everything gets tallied up and then at such an such hour on the 1st the ROTM is posted and his or her rig will be debuted on the home page of XJTalk.com... or something like that lol

lol no. Anything (most) is possible through programming, however I would need a bit of time to test and implement what you have described. I do appreciate the confidence you have in me though! :love0007:

XJ4IV
10-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Oh not sure if anyone else knows but tony can also make a program that would tilt the earths axis and provide MUCH better weather for all wheelers! and make it rain where the mud lovers are and keep the rocks nice a dry for the rock crawlers and keep the floods up for the river cruisers... and uhhhh I guess make the mall parking lots open for mall crawling to the most extreme!

Mudderoy
10-04-2011, 12:44 PM
Oh not sure if anyone else knows but tony can also make a program that would tilt the earths axis and provide MUCH better weather for all wheelers! and make it rain where the mud lovers are and keep the rocks nice a dry for the rock crawlers and keep the floods up for the river cruisers... and uhhhh I guess make the mall parking lots open for mall crawling to the most extreme!

Wait do you remember what happened in "Bruce Almighty" when he pulled the moon closer to the Earth? Well I'm not at liberty to disclose the full story but suffice it to say I am very limited to what I can do now when it comes to planetary scale modifications. :rolleye0012:

steph74
10-04-2011, 12:48 PM
I am partake on that one.... even if the idea is good and can be untertaining, it will require super strong moderation to ovoid and eliminate the sterile comments on what color is better... sterile comments that are otherwise funny byt he way.... but can pollute a thread very quickly...
and I say sterile because obviously they lead to nothing really constructive as everybody knows that the best color is yellow....

Converted96XJ
10-04-2011, 10:40 PM
I am partake on that one.... even if the idea is good and can be untertaining, it will require super strong moderation to ovoid and eliminate the sterile comments on what color is better... sterile comments that are otherwise funny byt he way.... but can pollute a thread very quickly...
and I say sterile because obviously they lead to nothing really constructive as everybody knows that the best color is yellow....

And White!