PDA

View Full Version : Welcome gorman

Mudderoy
07-02-2009, 03:54 AM
Glad you could find xjtalk and join us gorman!

Please take a few moments and tell us more about you and your Jeep.
BTW, we love pictures, hint hint.

gorman
07-02-2009, 04:32 AM
Thanks for the welcome!

I didn't know about XJtalk until a friend sent me a link! Glad he did.

I'm from South Africa, thus my XJ is a RHD model for what it's worth - it is a 2000 model with with following mods:

6" lift - 4.5" RE coils and spacer up front and OME leafs combined with a boomerang shackle and an extra leaf
OME long travel shocks up front and normal length OME shocks in the rear on raised shock mountings
33" MTRs on 15x8 D-window steelies (4" backspacing)
HP Dana 30 with WJ knuckles, brakes and OTK steering
Dana 44HD rear diff with factory locker (known as a Gearmax Mod 89 locally)
4.56 ratios
Rough Country drop brackets with adjustable upper and lower control arms with Johnny Joints
ARB bumper & Warn M8000 winch
Self made rocksliders
SYE, quick disconnects, etc.

Here's a couple of pics:
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u77/gorma900/IMG_7503.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u77/gorma900/IMG_7432.jpg

Mudderoy
07-02-2009, 09:40 AM
Nice pics, thanks. Do you catch hell from your fellow jeepers about the bushcrackers? lol I did. I still love the bushwackers.

Hey where did you get that net that you have separating the cargo area from the people area? That looks like a good idea.

I just sent a xjtalk sticker to South Africa yesterday.

BlueXJ
07-02-2009, 10:08 AM
Hi Gorman, Welcome to xjtalk I also like that net and was wondering how you have it attached inside the cabin?
Blue

gorman
07-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Nice pics, thanks. Do you catch hell from your fellow jeepers about the bushcrackers? lol I did. I still love the bushwackers.

Hey where did you get that net that you have separating the cargo area from the people area? That looks like a good idea.

I just sent a xjtalk sticker to South Africa yesterday.

'bout the Bushwackers(crackers) - nothing yet, but I'm sure some comments will follow! I love them too..

The net is actually a copy of the Mopar net, it has two little knobs that are fastened on the roof panel in place of the existing screws and at the bottom it hooks onto the cargo rings. The net attaches to the little knobs with loops that slide over it and are then pulled tight.

Do you know in which town the user stays that you sent the sticker to, I might know him!

UKJeepThang
07-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Hey Gorman!!!!!
Welcome and good to see you've joined up!!! That's at least 2 RHD XJ's!!!
Still haven't got round to doing my WJ knuckle conversion yet!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mudderoy
07-02-2009, 11:32 AM
'bout the Bushwackers(crackers) - nothing yet, but I'm sure some comments will follow! I love them too..

The net is actually a copy of the Mopar net, it has two little knobs that are fastened on the roof panel in place of the existing screws and at the bottom it hooks onto the cargo rings. The net attaches to the little knobs with loops that slide over it and are then pulled tight.

Do you know in which town the user stays that you sent the sticker to, I might know him!

Well I don't want to give out any personal information but you can PM him, xjstevie.

ol"blue
07-02-2009, 11:43 AM
http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss68/DLHTURBO/10mnc4m.gif

Dirt Dogg Rydas
07-02-2009, 12:21 PM
welcome!!!

gorman
07-02-2009, 12:37 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes, I feel welcome already!!

Hey Gorman!!!!!
Welcome and good to see you've joined up!!! That's at least 2 RHD XJ's!!!
Still haven't got round to doing my WJ knuckle conversion yet!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

UKJeepThang, good to see one familiar "face" here! If it serves as part motivation to do your WJ knuckle conversion, I can tell you my Jeep drives like a new one with the WJ steering and drop brackets!!

Well I don't want to give out any personal information but you can PM him, xjstevie.

Yip, I know him - spoke to him on the phone a little while ago!

firehawk
07-02-2009, 02:58 PM
Welcome from Indiana. Nice Cherokee!:D

Melissa
07-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Welcome from Heppner, Oregon!

okeedokee
07-07-2009, 10:24 AM
welcome nice looking xj

N1TZU
07-07-2009, 04:11 PM
I,ve seen your xj on another forum,Very nice ride you got there gorman, Welcome to xjt from Maine..........