PDA

View Full Version : Decisions decisions.....

steph74
09-25-2011, 12:08 AM
My friends, I would like to invite you to pray with me.

My family is at an important turn and we have to take a decision that resemble more a gamble. The consequences of this decision will either destroy the family or make it stronger.

Here are the specifics ;) My wife has been offered a job at Harvard in Boston MA. Money wise we can make it work if she is in Boston, I stay in Utah and the kids are sent back to their dad's in Florida. This temporary solution would allow us to hopefully sale our house here in Utah, me finding a job in Boston and get a house big enough to relocate the whole family.

Boston is expensive but there are many opportunities to find a job in my field. I know we can do it, but Karen is hesitant (and I understand why) to split the family. She is afraid of staying alone for an undefined mount of time, she is afraid that we will not be able to get the kids back....

I am afraid that we will miss a great opportunity if we don;t go and that we will regret it later, I am afraid that we decide to do it and mess up and end up with nothing in a couple of month (not that it bother me, i came in this country 7 yars ago with 1 suitcase only)...

Decisions decision, we need to be able to keep our calm and analyse the situation.... obviously we can;t talk about it with our colleagues because we want to keep it kind of secret until we take a decision...

Decisions decision, I pray the Lord to give us the strength to find the right path....

alwaysxj
09-25-2011, 12:18 AM
I say stay in Utah Steph! we have mountains you can go shoot all your guns in....

4.3LXJ
09-25-2011, 07:44 AM
Don't split the family Steph, it is not worth it. You cn never get that time with them back

DETOURS
09-26-2011, 01:41 PM
Steph, what do you and your wife do for a living if you dont mind me asking.
I'm very familiar with Boston and the region.

steph74
09-26-2011, 01:45 PM
I am a research scientist and she is a business assistant patent paralegal intellectual property kind of deal...

Prayers have been sent, prayers have been responded.... Job was offered, job was declined.... we chose family ;)

(now if I hear her bitch one more time about life in Utah and the neighbors and her job here... I pack my stuff and go to Boston)

DETOURS
09-26-2011, 01:51 PM
Just make it work now. ;)

Firemanray
09-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Smart move I think. When I read your original post it seemed to me you knew the right answer, maybe just needed to bounce it off of someone to keep yourself in check. Kudo's to you for making the right choice. I wouldn't trade the memories with my kids for any kind of job or money!

Mudderoy
09-26-2011, 09:12 PM
I am a research scientist and she is a business assistant patent paralegal intellectual property kind of deal...

Prayers have been sent, prayers have been responded.... Job was offered, job was declined.... we chose family ;)

(now if I hear her bitch one more time about life in Utah and the neighbors and her job here... I pack my stuff and go to Boston)

This is good news. Something will come along that will match your needs and your wants.

xj4life2
09-27-2011, 04:52 PM
I agree with Ray, that you knew what was right from the begining and I know you made the right choice . But let me add this don't stop praying for your family and thier needs. He will meet them all for you in his time. mabey not the wants , but the needs yes