PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a new toy!!!

BlueXJ
06-30-2009, 11:36 AM
Just bought a new plasma cutter from eBay but have bought from this supplier before. It is a new Miller 125C which is rated for 3/16" stuff. The TD one I have been using is rated for up to 1/4" but will cut through up to 1" stuff pretty cleanly, so I think my new Miller will cut stuff thicker than it is rated for.

The TD one is owned by a buddy and I can use it when his shop is open but now I will have 24/7 access to mine. No waiting on projects and no more nasty looking cuts from Oxy/Ace torches.:D

Mudderoy
06-30-2009, 11:43 AM
Just bought a new plasma cutter from eBay but have bought from this supplier before. It is a new Miller 125C which is rated for 3/16" stuff. The TD one I have been using is rated for up to 1/4" but will cut through up to 1" stuff pretty cleanly, so I think my new Miller will cut stuff thicker than it is rated for.

The TD one is owned by a buddy and I can use it when his shop is open but now I will have 24/7 access to mine. No waiting on projects and no more nasty looking cuts from Oxy/Ace torches.:D

I want one. I need a bigger garage and a bunch of money to buy all that I want though. :rotfl2:

How much? Come on you knew someone was going ask.

finneys98xj
06-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Nice blue!

firehawk
06-30-2009, 09:18 PM
Didn't you buy your welder from Indiana Oxygen?:confused: Seems I remember it was you.

Voldemort
06-30-2009, 10:26 PM
I got a Hobart but I still love the good old oxygen & acetylene torch.

BlueXJ
07-01-2009, 12:27 AM
I want one. I need a bigger garage and a bunch of money to buy all that I want though. :rotfl2:

How much? Come on you knew someone was going ask.

$820 shipped but I did have a coupon, which saved me $70.

Didn't you buy your welder from Indiana Oxygen?:confused: Seems I remember it was you.

Yeah that was me and this came from the same folks. Great to deal with and very helpful. I kept the guy on the phone for 20 minutes answering questions and making suggestions.

BlueXJ
07-01-2009, 12:29 AM
I got a Hobart but I still love the good old oxygen & acetylene torch.

I have an Oxy/Ace outfit as well and have been using it for years but the plasma makes such pretty cuts and has so much less cleanup after the cut before welding. They are like night and day.

whowey
07-03-2009, 06:46 AM
You suck!!!!!

JK... Been wanting a plasma fo a couple of years. Ive been trying to find a good deal on one.

BlueXJ
07-03-2009, 08:11 AM
You suck!!!!!

JK... Been wanting a plasma fo a couple of years. Ive been trying to find a good deal on one.

Bologna sammiches for a year and water insead of soda or beer and you can have one just like me.

DETOURS
07-05-2009, 03:04 PM
I'd be interested if that rig actually cut 1/2" let alone 1"........I'm not putting it down, but I dont think the therory is correct.

Please keep us updated!

Voldemort
07-05-2009, 04:46 PM
I have an Oxy/Ace outfit as well and have been using it for years but the plasma makes such pretty cuts and has so much less cleanup after the cut before welding. They are like night and day.

I know some guys that can do some pretty cool stuff with a torch. The only problem with the plasma is it is not as portable.

DETOURS
07-06-2009, 10:58 AM
Well, actually with a bottle of compressed air and a power source, you could get portable! ;)

BlueXJ
07-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Well, actually with a bottle of compressed air and a power source, you could get portable! ;)

Well actually just need a power source as this has a compressor built in. It arrived today but I won't have time to unpack and set it up until the weekend.
Spanky it is a small Miller (125C) and is supposed to be limited to 1/8" but the bigger ThermoDynamics one I am used to has a limit of 1/4" but I have seen it cut up to 1" plate with just a slower drag rate.