PDA

View Full Version : Signature or Avatar suggestion.

muddeprived
06-29-2009, 06:28 PM
I'm sitting here on my 6th and thinking about of course jeep stuff. Somehow I came up with this thought as I read Mudderoy's post about ATF fluid and what he put in it at 90k miles. I was gonna ask him how many miles he has on it now and then thought of this. I wonder if there's a program that would allow us to show our current mileage in like the signature or under avatar. You know how mileage is very useful in solving or helping diagnose issues. It could be updated by the user in UserCP like imputing numbers in a calculator. So If I look at BlueXJ's avatar and then below it would have his drop down menu on his jeep and then below that is the mileage indicator. I would probably keep mine updated by the 1000's.

lookin something like this:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/muddeprived/enaDSC03278--999999-green2a.gif

The program would show that in UserCP but only the numbers for viewers to see under your avatar or in sig.

I think it'll be cool to see what mileage everyone has. You may see someone with 390,000 miles and they never mentioned it. that's a feat!

I dunno.....beer makes me think of stuff like this. What you think Mudd? anyone?

Mudderoy
06-29-2009, 07:04 PM
I'm sitting here on my 6th and thinking about of course jeep stuff. Somehow I came up with this thought as I read Mudderoy's post about ATF fluid and what he put in it at 90k miles. I was gonna ask him how many miles he has on it now and then thought of this. I wonder if there's a program that would allow us to show our current mileage in like the signature or under avatar. You know how mileage is very useful in solving or helping diagnose issues. It could be updated by the user in UserCP like imputing numbers in a calculator. So If I look at BlueXJ's avatar and then below it would have his drop down menu on his jeep and then below that is the mileage indicator. I would probably keep mine updated by the 1000's.

lookin something like this:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/muddeprived/enaDSC03278--999999-green2a.gif

The program would show that in UserCP but only the numbers for viewers to see under your avatar or in sig.

I think it'll be cool to see what mileage everyone has. You may see someone with 390,000 miles and they never mentioned it. that's a feat!

I dunno.....beer makes me think of stuff like this. What you think Mudd? anyone?

I have added it to the user profile fields. Good idea! Thanks!

muddeprived
06-29-2009, 09:08 PM
I have added it to the user profile fields. Good idea! Thanks!

That's awesome. Is it supposed to appear in the drop down spec menu too? The menu shows all the info in the profile except mileage. Either way, nice :)

Mudderoy
06-29-2009, 10:16 PM
That's awesome. Is it supposed to appear in the drop down spec menu too? The menu shows all the info in the profile except mileage. Either way, nice :)

Sorry I forgot to mention that. I have to manually go add that to the code, but yes it should.

Update: It's been added to the dropdown, now everyone needs to update their details.

Dirt Dogg Rydas
06-30-2009, 01:01 AM
updated mine!
That was a good suggestion!
Thanks muddeprived

muddeprived
06-30-2009, 03:28 AM
Well ain't that cool. Thanks mudd for implementing it. :thumbsup:

muddeprived
06-30-2009, 03:28 AM
updated mine!
That was a good suggestion!
Thanks muddeprived

******* you got alot of miles! :eek:

Dirt Dogg Rydas
06-30-2009, 10:26 AM
******* you got alot of miles! :eek:

yeah! I'm hoping to get to 400,000 on the same engine:driving:

Melissa
06-30-2009, 02:23 PM
yeah! I'm hoping to get to 400,000 on the same engine:driving:

Wish I could say the same, I've got 277,592 on my OD, but I had to swap motors at 268,860, so I really only have 106,592. :boohoo:

muddeprived
06-30-2009, 08:52 PM
Wish I could say the same, I've got 277,592 on my OD, but I had to swap motors at 268,860, so I really only have 106,592. :boohoo:

wow someone is very specific. :drool:

Melissa
06-30-2009, 10:00 PM
wow someone is very specific. :drool:

I have one of those little black books, but instead of men's numbers it has all the mileage for when I do things to my jeep like, get new tires, change the oil, starter, motor, tune ups etc..., so that I can look back and see when I need to do it all over again, I am kind of freak for that.

All my recipts are alphabetically in order of months and years of when it happened, and in sub folders for if it was for motor parts, tune up stuff, cosmetic, fuel, or other. I keep everything that has to do with my jeep.

I think I might just have a problem :headbag:

Mudderoy
06-30-2009, 11:43 PM
Great another female that remembers every little damn thing you did! :smiley-laughing021:

... or didn't do ...

"Honey you remember that time it was a gibbous moon, there was a light snow out and the faint smell of burnt popcorn in the air, and you SAID you were going to take the garbage out?"

Melissa
06-30-2009, 11:46 PM
Great another female that remembers every little damn thing you did! :smiley-laughing021:

... or didn't do ...

"Honey you remember that time it was a gibbous moon, there was a light snow out and the faint smell of burnt popcorn in the air, and you SAID you were going to take the garbage out?"

Yup, pretty much :rotfl2:

BlueXJ
07-01-2009, 12:40 AM
Some folks are just natural born record keepers and then there are we normal people.

muddeprived
07-01-2009, 01:05 AM
Some folks are just natural born record keepers and then there are we normal people.

I am not a natural born record keeper and I was told I am not a "normal" person so....where do I fit in?

Don't leave me out just cuz i'm different..

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/muddeprived/real-ugly-face.jpg

:(

BlueXJ
07-01-2009, 01:21 AM
Don't worry mudd you are never going to be left out. You are the center of attention in everything you do!!! I hyave rad enough of your posts over the years to know that you document everything so you are a record keeper afterall.