PDA

View Full Version : Write Up Request

bigjim350
08-12-2011, 10:48 PM
As you know there are many write up all over the net. Even the folks here will do writes ups as the build or repair things. Well lots of times you can't find write ups on what you want or they dont cover a small aspect of the job that you need more clarification on. Well here at xjtalk we now have the writeup request section. You post a thread on what you want a write up done on, and what you want the most specifics on. Then some one will take the challenge and do the write up. To keep things simple there should be only one person doing the write up that way he can get the person who requested it and see what the write up needs to go into great detail with. No request is too small or too big. However the bigger the request the longer it will take to find someone able to do it.
Then at the end of the day we will have a full section of xjtalk write ups and people can link to our sites write ups instead of the opposite. Hope to see some good challenges.

Mudderoy
08-12-2011, 10:55 PM
As you know there are many write up all over the net. Even the folks here will do writes ups as the build or repair things. Well lots of times you can't find write ups on what you want or they dont cover a small aspect of the job that you need more clarification on. Well here at xjtalk we now have the writeup request section. You post a thread on what you want a write up done on, and what you want the most specifics on. Then some one will take the challenge and do the write up. To keep things simple there should be only one person doing the write up that way he can get the person who requested it and see what the write up needs to go into great detail with. No request is too small or too big. However the bigger the request the longer it will take to find someone able to do it.
Then at the end of the day we will have a full section of xjtalk write ups and people can link to our sites write ups instead of the opposite. Hope to see some good challenges.

Thanks Jim I look forward to seeing the requests and especially the write ups.

I may need to sit down and get that video upload section set up so we can put any video how to's on the xjtalk youtube account.

jfxj67
12-23-2017, 01:10 AM
Been searching the entire internet looking for a write-up on replacing the head gasket with the header and intake still attached..
Just wondering if it would actually save any time or grief?

Thanks in advance.

Mudderoy
12-23-2017, 06:44 AM
Been searching the entire internet looking for a write-up on replacing the head gasket with the header and intake still attached..
Just wondering if it would actually save any time or grief?

Thanks in advance.

Putting those bolts in that hold the intake and exhaust manifold on is no fun, about 4 of them if I remember, but I think you'd have to remove the hood, get something that would allow you to hoist the head (intake and exhaust) attached up high enough to work, or to remove the combo.

If you were just trying to slide the old head gasket out and the new in, I think you'd have issues with making sure that no coolant was in the cylinders, etc...

I love trying to keep from doing another step or two, but if it was me, I'd remove both the intake and exhaust before removing the head.

If you're changing the head gasket for a reason, then you probably need to have that head checked and milled. I think it was about $200 to have my head gone through and 3 angle valve job etc...

It's a lot of work.