PDA

View Full Version : Cigars

xjjeepthing
06-27-2009, 02:47 PM
Wondering if there are any cigar smokers here. Been trying a few different ones, kinda new to them. Any tips or advice. Favorite kinds and or brands.

BlueXJ
06-27-2009, 05:23 PM
I answered you on the CT thread but here goes again. H. Uppmanns and Partagas are my very favorites and stay clear of those flavored things as many are overpowering and will turn you off to cigars. Been a cigar smoker for 40 years.

Voldemort
06-27-2009, 08:01 PM
I smoke one every now and then, but I'm a Dip guy.

DETOURS
06-27-2009, 09:45 PM
Climb on up, but watch the cup or I'll be spittin my dip tonight!

I'm a Winston kinda dude........:sign0202:

Melissa
06-27-2009, 11:26 PM
I don't smoke cigars, but I do like the smell of them and pipe tabacco
:headbag:

finneys98xj
06-28-2009, 05:07 PM
I smoke one every now and then, but I'm a Dip guy.

X2^ The only time I have smoked an cigar is after graduation aint to fond of it, dip and chew for me.

BlueXJ
06-28-2009, 06:32 PM
Do whatever floats your boat. I prefer Cigars and uthers want dip or chew.

rugidone
08-17-2010, 08:50 PM
Sorry for draggin this back up, I'm sure many nonsmokers don't care to discuss this topic or see it on any forum.

But I am a smoker and am sure there are many like me, lol.

I am more a cigarillo smoker, Gold Rush Vanillas are my drug of choice, sadly can no longer purchase cigarillos in Canada.

reddragon72
08-23-2010, 11:37 AM
I smoke cigars and pipe, currently get most of my smokes from cuban crafters, pretty darn good smokes for the price, but my favorite that I keep a small stock on is Romeo Y Julieta They are really nice and very consitant. From cuban crafters I usually grab some Don Kiki green labels and red labels. Very cheap, but VERY good for the price, not as nice as pricier cigars, but no complaining from guest's.

NW99XJ
07-17-2013, 10:32 AM
Wondering if there are any cigar smokers here. Been trying a few different ones, kinda new to them. Any tips or advice. Favorite kinds and or brands.
Great topic!
We all have our vices.... I was a cigarette smoker back in the day....woke up one morning, and decided I'd had enough, ....havent had a drag in 14 years.....
HOWEVER.... I do enjoy a cigar every now and again.
I'll go thru phases though, I'll smoke 3 or 4 in a week, then maybe none for a month or two, then puff again for a few weeks, and maybe not touch em for a couple more. I'm certainly not consistent.
I do prefer a GOOD Maduro, the Partagas ARE pretty good, prob one of my favs as far as the darker wrappers go.
But I enjoy an earthy smoke, a mild wrapper, usually in a Rubusto, or Carona.....and about a 40-50 ring gauge the Torpedos are a fun smoke too.....
If i pick up a lighter cigar it's gotta be a high end Connecticut wrapper, with a good long cut leaf Dominican or Honduras filler....not too spicy, but more on the mild side.
I usually dont have more than one of any one cigar in my humidor, but I DO have a wide variety..... I like to try as many different stogies as I can, and keep the rings of the ones I REALLY enjoy.

I answered you on the CT thread but here goes again. H. Uppmanns and Partagas are my very favorites and stay clear of those flavored things as many are overpowering and will turn you off to cigars. Been a cigar smoker for 40 years.
Yup....H.Upman's aren't bad, I do like the Partagas as well. Cant stand the flavored ones myself either.

BlueXJ
07-17-2013, 03:23 PM
I have a relatively new brand for my smoking pleasure. I tried and now love ArturoFuente Hemingway Short Stories and Best Sellers. They are as good as Partagas or Uppmens and more easily obtainable around here.
Try JR Tobaccos website for mailorder too. Good prices and quick shipping.

OrangeXJ
07-17-2013, 05:06 PM
Nothing like a good Cuban cigar in my book