PDA

View Full Version : Almost a week in....Lovin' it!

Paddletrucker
07-19-2011, 03:50 PM
Almost a week since I got my XJ. I like it better every day and I'm getting an idea for what I'm wanting to do with the tires and lift as I see more and more of them.

Today, I was with a buddy who drives a '98 Wrangler with low miles. We talked Jeeps and crawled all over both of them comparing and trying to figure out what we're planning to do with/to them. His is fairly new to him, too. It was a lot of fun, and something I haven't done since high school. In a few months, our wives are both gone on business and we're going for some light wheeling around here close. Looking forward to it.

I can already see my XJ is gonna do a whole lot better on gas than my little Dodge pickup with the 318, and be cheaper to drive than our diesels. I've already used it to haul 800 pounds of horse feed (16 sacks) in the back with the seat down. It did splendidly. Couldn't even feel the weight back there! I'd like to get it muddy, but I can't find any mud in drought stricken Oklahoma, unless I try to drive through my pond. Not 'till I get a winch, at least.

I've had more fun in the XJ this past week just driving around and back and forth to work than I've had driving in a long, long time. REALLY enjoying that 5-spd. It's so much more fun to drive than my 18 speed in the big rig. The only thing I keep coming up with for comparison is a long nosed go cart on crack. I'm having a blast.

I'm really glad I chose the XJ. I'm SURE I made the right decision for a "fun fixer upper" to be my daily driver and toy. First vehicle I've had in 15 years that was just for my pleasure. Lovin' every minute of it. I almost dread having it down long enough for any modifications.

prerunner1982
07-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Awesome glad you are enjoying so much...

4.3LXJ
07-19-2011, 09:37 PM
OK, Jeep bug has bitten him. The only remedy is more driving and a few bucks for improvements.