PDA

View Full Version : Liking the podcasts!

Paddletrucker
07-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Since I'm new here, I haven't caught all of them. BUT, they are downloaded onto my iPhone and I think I have 8 more to listen to to get caught up. It's been playing almost non-stop since Friday.:D

I've learned a lot I didn't know about my Cherokee. Really cool. It's also nice to hear a voices and personalities behind the posts. Yup. Cool.:thumbsup:

Mudderoy
07-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Since I'm new here, I haven't caught all of them. BUT, they are downloaded onto my iPhone and I think I have 8 more to listen to to get caught up. It's been playing almost non-stop since Friday.:D

I've learned a lot I didn't know about my Cherokee. Really cool. It's also nice to hear a voices and personalities behind the posts. Yup. Cool.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the post. It's great to hear. I'm not getting much feedback from people on it, but I keep plodding along.

:rolleye0018:

JENSSEN
07-05-2011, 12:32 PM
I am really hoping to be able to call in tomm night!

Mudderoy
07-05-2011, 12:38 PM
I am really hoping to be able to call in tomm night!

I'm not doing the "LIVE" show any more, just the podcast "recording" So is there a time that would be better for you?

JENSSEN
07-05-2011, 01:18 PM
I'm not doing the "LIVE" show any more, just the podcast "recording" So is there a time that would be better for you?

Damn I was hoping it would be live,... I really enjoyed that to be honest! I liked the live questions,...

Mudderoy
07-05-2011, 01:22 PM
Damn I was hoping it would be live,... I really enjoyed that to be honest! I liked the live questions,...

Yeah I thought it would be a fun feature, but after 5 weeks of 1 or 0 viewers I think it's time to stop the live broadcast. :D

KH96XJ
07-05-2011, 01:28 PM
I need to download the podcasts now since I have an hour commute to work.

Mudderoy
07-05-2011, 01:36 PM
I need to download the podcasts now since I have an hour commute to work.

I'm having a blast listening to podcasts. Several comedians are doing podcasts now. I commute an hour each way. I need to do a post on how to install software on your phone and download podcasts "on the fly".

It's kind of a pain downloading it to your PC then copying it over to your phone, or MP3 player. Not impossible but it's like having to pay bills via check and putting them in the mail. :S

JENSSEN
07-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Yeah I thought it would be a fun feature, but after 5 weeks of 1 or 0 viewers I think it's time to stop the live broadcast. :D

I can see that

JENSSEN
07-06-2011, 12:38 AM
Maybe do a live show once per month or quarter like other sites.

Mudderoy
07-06-2011, 08:50 AM
Maybe do a live show once per month or quarter like other sites.

Hey I like that idea. Thanks! :patriot:

KH96XJ
07-06-2011, 09:13 AM
I'm having a blast listening to podcasts. Several comedians are doing podcasts now. I commute an hour each way. I need to do a post on how to install software on your phone and download podcasts "on the fly".

It's kind of a pain downloading it to your PC then copying it over to your phone, or MP3 player. Not impossible but it's like having to pay bills via check and putting them in the mail. :S

I was just thinking about how to do that without going through the PC last night. I know there are some apps that will sync with itunes for android phones, but I haven't tried any yet.

Mudderoy
07-06-2011, 09:14 AM
I was just thinking about how to do that without going through the PC last night. I know there are some apps that will sync with itunes for android phones, but I haven't tried any yet.

Yeah I'll break out the video camera and put a vid up on youtube. I only have an Android phone, but I bet iPhone would be simpler through iTunes integration.

Paddletrucker
07-06-2011, 09:19 AM
My problem is that I run through so many areas throughout the night that has crappy cell coverage. Downloading anything takes so much longer when you're not in 3G!

I'm a political junkie and listen to political talk shows all night that I've downloaded onto my iphone the day before. I used to have XM, but I'm letting the subscription expire because of podcasting. Also there are so many apps that let me listen to pretty much everything for free, anyway.

Where do you find the comedian's podcasts? I'll have to check that out!

Mudderoy
07-06-2011, 09:21 AM
My problem is that I run through so many areas throughout the night that has crappy cell coverage. Downloading anything takes so much longer when you're not in 3G!

I'm a political junkie and listen to political talk shows all night that I've downloaded onto my iphone the day before. I used to have XM, but I'm letting the subscription expire because of podcasting. Also there are so many apps that let me listen to pretty much everything for free, anyway.

Where do you find the comedian's podcasts? I'll have to check that out!

Well if you don't mind the bad language the Adam Carolla podcast is good. Also I've been listening to the 40 year old boy. His is more of a stand up act where Adam's show has guests and a staff.

Paddletrucker
07-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Thanks. I'll have to check it out. That is after I get caught up on XJ talk podcasts. I'm listening to number 007 and have to go to 21. Then, I'll have heard all of them.:D:cheerleader:

bluedragon436
07-07-2011, 02:18 AM
I enjoy listening to the podcasts, since I always manage to be at work during the live shows.. And especially with me being deployed it is nice, because I can download them onto my iPod, and listen to them while I'm out and about..