PDA

View Full Version : Print, that's right PRINT, parts!

Paddletrucker
07-05-2011, 11:00 AM
This is something else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZboxMsSz5Aw&feature=player_embedded

LizardRunner
07-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Thanks for that video Nate, that is just amazing. Now they need to figure out a way to do that in metals.

Mudderoy
07-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Thanks for that video Nate, that is just amazing. Now they need to figure out a way to do that in metals.

I suspect that they will come up with something else that has all the strength heat and cold tolerances of metal but still be able to be shot out of a nozzle.

:crazy:

Paddletrucker
07-05-2011, 11:22 AM
I'm sure that's coming. Can you imagine taking your broken part to the auto parts printing store and having a new one printed up while you wait. Beam my up, Scotty!! Amazing.

This could be really something for those of us who drive older vehicles that are out of production.

I'm a private pilot who has a thing for old vintage planes and I copied this from an aviation forum. They're really excited over the possibilities of having sources for parts that have been out of production for half a century.

This type of technology could be a game changer on many fronts.

Could you imagine printing up supplies for our military on site, rather than using a supply line?

Really cool stuff here once you think of all the possibilities.

LizardRunner
07-05-2011, 11:25 AM
Yes indeedie, the possiblities are fairly endless. this could truly change the world.