PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop mud rover tires

Adrenalinejunky
07-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Are any of you running the dunlop mud rovers? Please share your experience...
Thanks!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

KH96XJ
07-02-2011, 03:43 PM
I had some 31"s on the Dakota I used to have. They are very loud on the road and wear quicker than BFG's I had on my old FSJ Cherokee, but they did ok in what little mudding I did in my Dakota. If I had to buy another set of tires I wouldn't go with them if I had to do any street driving.

alwaysxj
07-02-2011, 11:19 PM
I had them in a 32 on one of my jeeps. on the road they are very loud and they wear pretty fast, but they did great in the mud and the rocks.

OverEasy
07-03-2011, 05:02 PM
I have not personally ran them on any of my vehicles but two friends have. They absolutely LOVE'd them. One set was on a 02 sas'd Xterra. He wheeled really hard with them mostly in rock and some east coast muddy type trails. (No mud holes) They did great, as I was with him spotting him mostly through the trails, I watched them first hand. On the road they were a bit loud at what he ran for street pressure. Off road psi he ran 12 in them and they flexed like a hooker hopped up on painkillers! The first set he ran was a new set of 33's then after the sas he liked them enough to buy another set in 35"s.

The other friend rad a set of 31's on his WJ. He to is one of the guys that wheels pretty often with us. He has also had 0 problems and loved his as well. He bought a used set to get him by and get him by they did. They were around 75% when he got them and they lasted quite a while. He swapped them out for some Kumho Roadventure MTs when he worked for Sears because they were cheaper than the Lops.

They are great tires for the $. Clean well, decently strong sidewalls, grip well in and off road (including snow, ice is a different story). You would be happy w/ them I would think.

I can PM you how to contact them and give pics on them if needed.

default83
07-06-2011, 07:43 AM
i had them on my tacoma, i will tell you what the others did, they are very loud on the street especially after wearing a little bit, it shook stuff loose in my truck that still rattles.

but the pros outweigh the cons, in mud they are the most superior tire ive ever had, i have gone through stuff in 2wd that 4wd trucks could not make it through. i could keep up with the jeep with KM's in 4wd with my 2wd truck. couldnt beat it obviously but could hang:D

edit: its actually time for me to get tires for my truck, and im pretty sure these are the ones i will be going with.

oderdene
07-06-2011, 09:21 AM
what about siping? it will add snow/ice traction and maybe become quieter.