PDA

View Full Version : Cat help, at the end of my chain

JENSSEN
06-15-2011, 12:41 AM
Ladies and Gents,

I am posting asking for any help you can suggest, our cat cheeto 1 of 3 has had 2 UTI in the last 18 months but for the last 2 has been systematically destroying our house with urine and feces. Floors hard or soft, clothes , bedding, pillows as we are in bed all whizzed on, today I flew off the handle when I noticed he has water damaged our hard wood floor. There is no place he won't go other than it seems the litter box. I am at my wits end and have booked one last vet visit, it may be his very last and it's killing me. I have tried segregation, new litter boxes (even automated) , litter, food , diet any thing I can to try and change his habits. But as of late he seems very distant, shaggy fur, skinny, and no interest in human interaction. I am wondering if these are all symptoms of somthing bigger or if he is just not right. We recoverEd this cat from some low life druggie with his brother 4 years ago and it's only been in the last 2 that the issue has got worse and worse. Now I am at the end of the line. Everyday I now have to hunt out the urine and feces to clean it up and I can't handle it,... He is destroying our house

Jamie Lynn
06-15-2011, 12:48 AM
Honestly..it sounds like he has something more serious going on... It honestly sounds to me like he might have a brain tumor..hate to say it buddy but that is what is sounds like..but a good thing to use on the furniture and carpet if its still wet from the urine when you find it..use windex and if its dry use vinegar..it kills the smell and helps them from repeating their actions in the same spots...

Firemanray
06-15-2011, 07:26 AM
My cat followed that same path. She's now an outdoor cat!!!

gearheadette
06-15-2011, 09:13 AM
ISOLATE HER NOW things like feline leukemia is highly contagious to other cats. They can get it just by drinking the same water, so until you know what it is, get her away from the other cats IMMEDIATELY!

4.3LXJ
06-15-2011, 10:28 AM
When I have had cats do destructive stuff like that, outside. That will fix it.

LizardRunner
06-15-2011, 10:54 AM
That behavior can be a) this one has decided to mark territory from the other cats (sybling rivalry) b) feline leukemia c) tumor(s) in the brain. There are probably a few other things that could cause it but those would be the big three. It doesn't sound like truly malicious behavior since you didn't mention scratching of the furniture.

Mudderoy
06-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Remember they are in Canada and it never gets above -212 outside

4.3LXJ
06-15-2011, 04:47 PM
When I was in cold country, mine lived under the house. No problem.

LizardRunner
06-16-2011, 10:57 AM
I think the temps there now are in the 90f or 80f range. according to the kids that is.

BlueXJ
06-16-2011, 03:33 PM
I have a spare cat, who is a bit feisty. You are welcome to him.
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll187/90BlueXJ/Animals/Opossum.jpg

4.3LXJ
06-16-2011, 03:36 PM
You have possums in south Texas?

Mudderoy
06-18-2011, 09:46 AM
You have possums in south Texas?

In SE Texas we have possums, armadillo raccoons, and skunks.