PDA

View Full Version : Decisions, decisions

CherokeeNat.92
06-14-2011, 12:05 AM
Ok...so i want to buy something for the jeep. Just not sure what direction to go. The plan is to replace the front bumper and guard and replace it with a lighter, better winch bumper. I want to get better tires, get a safari roof rack with a hi lift, shovel and ax mounts, ..i can go on forever. I am getting ready to drive the jeep cross country. So with that, i can't spend a fortune on whatever i decide to get. Looking to get the most bang for my buck. I will eventually pick up all the things i want. If you throw out ideas..please include lins or pics or something. Anything to help me check them out. Thank you.

cantab27
06-14-2011, 12:21 AM
well heres ya roof rack dave

http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=7380

4.3LXJ
06-14-2011, 09:34 AM
First thing I would get before going cross country is tires with good street manners. I always take care of tires first, other goodies afterwards. Next comes brakes. Also bear in mind that a roof rack will reduce your gas milage on that long trip.

LizardRunner
06-14-2011, 10:15 AM
X2 on what Steve said. Tires, Brakes, then other stuff. it isn't much good if your on bald tires or can't stop.

CherokeeNat.92
09-26-2011, 03:35 PM
Ok. So this is a little late of a post. I built a roof rack and mounted my spare and hi lift on it. Loaded the jeep up and drove with that. It did very very well. I had done what i could do to put her in the best shape possible with the limited knowledge i had. With help of this forum and some friends I think i did well. So that puts this topic to rest. Thank you all for your input and look forward to learning more from you guys.

xj4life2
09-26-2011, 03:46 PM
:worthlesspics:

DETOURS
09-26-2011, 04:10 PM
:worthlesspics:

The threads over, put to rest.......