PDA

View Full Version : Don't buy from amazon! (without clicking on our link first!)

Mudderoy
06-13-2011, 12:03 PM
Don't buy from AMAZON.com unless you click on the Amazon banner here (http://www.xjtalk.com/)!

xjtalk.com will receive a percentage of EACH sale is made!

You pay the same low prices you always have and have come to expect from Amazon.com and xjtalk gets a few cents. The bigger your purchase the more pennies we get!

So if you were going to buy something from Amazon anyway, just go to the xjtalk home page and click the banner, then make your purchase. It's a painless and free way to help support your favorite Jeep website!

Mudderoy
06-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Hey we're getting quite a few clicks to Amazon! If you buy something from Amazon via clicking on our Amazon banner, post up here!

I'd like to know how it worked for you. It should be exactly the same as if you went directly to Amazon.

:D

Mudderoy
06-18-2011, 03:40 PM
Hey if you buy something from Amazon through our link (http://www.xjtalk.com) front page, let me know! :thanx:

afbond03
06-19-2011, 04:24 PM
Good deal. I will be sure to click through xjtalk for now on when buying from them. I have a Amazon store card so I buy quiet a few things from them when needed.

Mudderoy
06-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Well we are up to 19 clicks on the Amazon banner ad, but no purchases yet. I'm curious to see what kind of percentage xjtalk will get from the sale. We encourage you to make any vacation home, yacht or air plane purchases through out link on the xjtalk home page. :spongebob:

Mudderoy
06-22-2011, 10:21 AM
Woohoo we are up to 24 clicks, but no purchases. Remember xjtalk doesn't get any $$$ for clicks, like other ads we have, but we get a percentage of the purchase amount of the item(s) you buy!

There is NO CHARGE to you. You pay the same price but in the process xjtalk get a few percent of the sale! It's a win/win because you get the great product, great shipping and great service you expect from Amazon.com and you help support xjtalk!

KH96XJ
06-22-2011, 01:51 PM
I put in a purchase for a pre-order today. Total bill was about $45.

Mudderoy
06-22-2011, 02:21 PM
I put in a purchase for a pre-order today. Total bill was about $45.

Looking at the report is has a dollar amount next to shipped, so I bet I'll have to check it after they ship it. Getting closer though! lol

BlueXJ
06-22-2011, 03:55 PM
Well I was not going to even open this thread because I often buy stuff from Amazon and was expecting something negative. I have read the thread now and will use the xjtalk connection for future purchases.

steph74
06-22-2011, 03:58 PM
yep i told Karen to take a look too... she orders stuff from Amazon on a daily base ;)
I may want to make sure she remembers ;)

steph74
06-22-2011, 04:02 PM
question do you have to be a member of XJtalk for it to work or anyone can follow the link

Mudderoy
06-22-2011, 04:32 PM
question do you have to be a member of XJtalk for it to work or anyone can follow the link

Good question. No just click the link and xjtalk will get credit for a percentage of any purchase made. :drinking:

Mudderoy
06-23-2011, 09:52 AM
Woohoo! 1 order has been placed through our Amazon affiliate link! Thanks to the individual that clicked through and placed that order!

:popcorn:

Mudderoy
06-26-2011, 06:31 AM
Woohoo! You've Got Money! Well actually xjtalk gots money. So far there has been 4 orders and 2 have shipped. The 2 that shipped has put a little $$$ in the xjtalk coffers. This is great guys! Thanks!

BTW anyone can use the banner ad to click through to buy from Amazon. So if you have friends or family members that buy from Amazon tell them to click the banner ad on http://www.xjtalk.com/

Mudderoy
06-27-2011, 10:42 AM
This is for anyone that has, or will, buy from Amazon after clicking on our banner ad. Please post here your experience, price, shipping, anything. I'd like to let people know that just because xjtalk is getting a few cents for your purchase that nothing changes for the Amazon customer.

I know it's a bit hard for me to understand, but I guess it's worth it to Amazon to reward sites for advertising their products. It's a great deal for xjtalk, and of course you.

Mudderoy
06-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Wow! Now amazon is showing 7 items ordered! Thanks guys!

KH96XJ
06-27-2011, 04:47 PM
I've placed a few orders for books, MP3 downloads, and a bed liner kit, and I haven't noticed anything different compared to going directly to Amazon's site. So if it helps the site all the better.

Mudderoy
06-28-2011, 10:38 AM
As more orders are being processed I'm learning more. So far there has been $177 in shipped orders. MP3's pay a higher percentage to xjtalk. The MP3s seem to be pretty cheap. I'm going to start buying them through amazon instead of Walmart!

So in case you're new to this thread, basically xjtalk is an amazon.com affiliate. If you click on the banner ad at http://www.xjtalk.com/ it will take you to amazon.com. Then ANYTHING you buy at the regular low price xjtalk will be a small percentage of the sale. You WON'T pay anything extra but you'll be helping to support xjtalk financially!

The more orders the more $$$ xjtalk gets. You DO NOT have to be a member to use that link, so if you have a friend or relative that buys from amazon.com ask them to click on the banner at and we'll get a piece of the sale!

If you order from amazon, post it up here! You know just for fun. :D

Mudderoy
06-29-2011, 09:01 PM
Well we hit our $10 payout today!

So the best percentage paid to xjtalk.com is MP3's, then DVD/BlueRay, followed by books and lastly I guess the big ticket items. It goes from 10% to 4% so it's a great deal!

Thank you to everyone that's clicking on the Amazon.com banner ad at http://www.xjtalk.com/

Mudderoy
07-01-2011, 10:14 AM
Now at 10 orders! This is fun. :headbag:

DirtBound Offroad
07-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Just a heads up, I am setting up a sellers account on Amazon. My slip yoke eliminators are already up, I am waiting for approval for selling auto part category. Once that is done I will have everything on my site on Amazon.

So then you can support the forum vendors AND the forum! Win Win!! :p

Mudderoy
07-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Just a heads up, I am setting up a sellers account on Amazon. My slip yoke eliminators are already up, I am waiting for approval for selling auto part category. Once that is done I will have everything on my site on Amazon.

So then you can support the forum vendors AND the forum! Win Win!! :p

lol sounds like xjtalk will be losing a paid vendor. :(

DirtBound Offroad
07-05-2011, 05:20 PM
lol sounds like xjtalk will be losing a paid vendor. :(

How so?

I sell my stuff all over the place, forums, eBay, My Site.

By selling my stuff on Amazon if they buy it using your link you get a kickback that you wont normally get from the monthly vendor fee.

Ill still be a forum vendor.

Mudderoy
07-05-2011, 09:09 PM
How so?

I sell my stuff all over the place, forums, eBay, My Site.

By selling my stuff on Amazon if they buy it using your link you get a kickback that you wont normally get from the monthly vendor fee.

Ill still be a forum vendor.

lol no problem. I just thought that Amazon would be a bigger stick. I need to start advertising xjtalk. :pray:

Mudderoy
07-07-2011, 11:30 AM
Wow California passed a law requiring Amazon to collect Calif. sales taxes to all purchase made by Californians. I believe Amazon told Calif. the same thing they told North Carolina, "ahhhhh no!" "We no longer sell to Californians."

Dumb:ass: politicians.

California government needs more money? How about stop giving it away to people that are in the country illegally or people that won't take care of themselves. Oh no I guess I'm a mean people hating republican now. Geez!

DirtBound Offroad
07-08-2011, 12:15 AM
Wow California passed a law requiring Amazon to collect Calif. sales taxes to all purchase made by Californians. I believe Amazon told Calif. the same thing they told North Carolina, "ahhhhh no!" "We no longer sell to Californians."

Dumb:ass: politicians.

California government needs more money? How about stop giving it away to people that are in the country illegally or people that won't take care of themselves. Oh no I guess I'm a mean people hating republican now. Geez!

The worst part was Brown put the 200 million estimated to be collected from amazon into the state budget, even after amazon said they would cancel the cali affiliate program...

Well the second the bill was signed the state already had a 200 million deficit haha.

Mudderoy
07-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Well it's a new month and no orders yet :(

Don't forget to click on our banner ad for amazon.com before your purchase so xjtalk.com can get a few cents from your order. This is NO COST to you. Amazon pays us not you. :thumbsup:

Mudderoy
08-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Remember before making your purchase at Amazon.com click on the amazon banner on the front page at xjtalk.com! :pray: :D

Mudderoy
08-17-2011, 03:14 PM
Hey xjtalk has a few more Amazon hits via your orders! :thanx:

If you are wondering what I'm talking about anytime you are going to purchase from Amazon just click the banner on our front page. It will take you to amazon.com and when you make your purchase xjtalk will get a few pennies without ANY additional charge to you!

So you can help support this site for nothing out of your pocket! :D

afbond03
10-10-2011, 10:06 PM
I try to remember as often as possible to link through here first when buying on Amazon. I buy quiet a bit on there as well.

CherokeeNat.92
10-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Well we are up to 19 clicks on the Amazon banner ad, but no purchases yet. I'm curious to see what kind of percentage xjtalk will get from the sale. We encourage you to make any vacation home, yacht or air plane purchases through out link on the xjtalk home page. :spongebob:

hahahahaha yacht...lmao. thats great. I don't go on amazon that much anymore..but if i do, ill def go through the link on my favorite jeep site.

Sneedle Vision
03-28-2012, 12:19 PM
I finally remembered to come back and click on the Amazon banner when I decided to upgrade my speakers! Got a pair of 6.5"s and a set of wiring adapters!

Hopefully, xjtalk will get the straight cash homey! :thumbsup:

Mudderoy
03-28-2012, 12:31 PM
I finally remembered to come back and click on the Amazon banner when I decided to upgrade my speakers! Got a pair of 6.5"s and a set of wiring adapters!

Hopefully, xjtalk will get the straight cash homey! :thumbsup:

Yeah that's the hardest part, remembering to click the banner ad. Thanks. I just checked. It's not showing up yet, but I believe it has to be shipped first. I'll check back!

So far we're up to about $22 after about $375 in purchases!

bluedragon436
01-08-2013, 09:17 AM
Just made another purchase using the link... Hey do you know if the link will still benefit xjtalk if I purchase something that was already in my cart from a previous session on Amazon when I hadn't used the link?? Like the other day I threw a few items in my cart while I was surfing at work... but couldn't access :xjtalk: from work, so wasn't able to get the link, so I just saved the cart and moved on.. now if I was to click on the link, and bring up Amazon from the link... then purchase the items I had saved earlier in the cart.. would those purchases still credit towards :xjtalk:??

Mudderoy
01-08-2013, 09:32 AM
Just made another purchase using the link... Hey do you know if the link will still benefit xjtalk if I purchase something that was already in my cart from a previous session on Amazon when I hadn't used the link?? Like the other day I threw a few items in my cart while I was surfing at work... but couldn't access :xjtalk: from work, so wasn't able to get the link, so I just saved the cart and moved on.. now if I was to click on the link, and bring up Amazon from the link... then purchase the items I had saved earlier in the cart.. would those purchases still credit towards :xjtalk:??

That's a good question. Send me a PM with what items were in your cart and I'll check the list to see if :xjtalk: got credit for them.

Rayburne
01-25-2013, 01:56 AM
I would love to use your link to amazon but my wife has an associate with amazon also,so she would kill me if she found out I wasn't going thru hers so she could get her kickback

Mudderoy
01-25-2013, 06:39 AM
I would love to use your link to amazon but my wife has an associate with amazon also,so she would kill me if she found out I wasn't going thru hers so she could get her kickback

Geez man you could be banned "from home" for even admitting to this! :thumbsup:

Mudderoy
02-13-2013, 08:53 AM
Remember when you click on our Amazon banner and then purchase something through Amazon, your purchase goes on the list that we use during the XJ TALK SHOW! segment "You bought what?!?!?!"

So before you buy from Amazon, go to the xjtalk.com home page, click on the Amazon banner.

Make your purchase and then keep listening to the XJ TALK SHOW! (www.xjtalkshow.com) and listen for us to read the item you bought! No we don't say your name, in fact we have no idea who bought what, just when it was purchased and the item name.

So play along with the "You bought what?!?!?" and support your favorite website, :xjtalk: :D

Mudderoy
03-11-2013, 05:44 PM
Recently an :xjtalk: member clicked on our Amazon banner then purchased over $700 in goodies. It's tax refund time you know. ;)

He contacted us to verify that xjtalk was getting the credit. Sometimes it takes a few days, but we kept checking.

Well he's received most of the items he's ordered and still nothing showing up in our WIN column. I told him not to worry about it, and it was great that he thought of us, but sometimes these things happened.

He really wanted to know so he sent me the order numbers, boy there was a lot of order numbers! :D

I contacted customer service at Amazon and provided all the order numbers. This is a bit of a "canned" response but it may help the rest of you out knowing what you can and can't do to make sure xjtalk receives proper credit for all your online shopping hard work! :cheerleader:

Hello Tony,

Thank you for sending in the order number for us to check. I've researched the order numbers your provided and have found these orders were not tagged to your Associates account. I am very sorry, we're not able to provide advertising fees for this order.

There are a number of reasons why this may have happened.

- If a customer realizes that they forgot to place their order through an Associate link, and clicks back through an Associate's website after they already placed an item in their shopping cart, then the item in the cart will not be tagged.

- These items may have already been in the customer's shopping cart from a previous visit to Amazon.com. Items stay in the shopping cart for 90 days. If a customer tries to place an order for the same item and it was already in their shopping cart, our system is set up to not record the same item twice and will default to the first time the item was added to the cart.

- If they update the quantity i.e. from 1 to 2 items, only one item will be tagged to the Associate account. This is to help ensure that we avoid duplicate orders and customer misunderstandings.

- If they visit a different site after clicking on your link, the items could be tagged to a different Associate. Each item is tagged only if it's added to the cart during the 24-hour shopping session that begins when your link is clicked. That session ends early if the customer completes an order or clicks through another site.

For security reasons, I'm not able to offer any additional information.

I hope this additional information helps.

She doesn't say in this response but I suspect you could EMPTY your cart, click on the Amazon banner ad on :xjtalk: and start over. But really the idea here isn't for you to have to do hardly anything and certainly NOT spend any of your money to help the site. Just catch us next time!

OrangeXJ
03-11-2013, 06:08 PM
I have yet to find the link where is it

Mudderoy
03-11-2013, 06:16 PM
I have yet to find the link where is it

If you click on the "HOME" or the xjtalk logo top left of each page, it will take you to the main, or HOME page of :xjtalk:

Just below the chat you'll see a cardboard colored banner in the center of the screen. Just below the banner ad you'll see "Help support xjTalk.com click above to make your Amazon purchases!"

If you click on that banner ad it will take you to Amazon.com.

Any purchases you make for the next 24 hours will be credited to :xjtalk:

Looks like this...

XJ Wheeler
03-12-2013, 01:08 PM
One thing i had thought about is i, and i'm sure others, browse amazon. And while we're there we see items we would like and put it in our cart for future purchase. INSTEAD, just put it in your "Wish List" and it'll be there for later when your purchasing after you click the xjtalk link. That way no one forgets something was already in their cart. :)

4.3LXJ
03-12-2013, 02:59 PM
Say Tony, Is it possible to have the right link so if our wives and friends want to access for our credit they can just click on it and use it from our desk top? Wive buys a lot of stuff from Amazon, but doesn't visit our site

Mudderoy
03-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Say Tony, Is it possible to have the right link so if our wives and friends want to access for our credit they can just click on it and use it from our desk top? Wive buys a lot of stuff from Amazon, but doesn't visit our site

Click the banner on the xjtalk front page. That will take you to amazon. Drag and drop that on to the desktop. I tried to post the link, but it's too long and the site keeps abbreviating it.

4.3LXJ
03-12-2013, 03:16 PM
Thanks

Brasscatz
04-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Well, I spent just over $500 today on Amazon through the link.... let's hope it shows up!

nickyg
04-08-2013, 01:30 AM
Just curious, what about the Amazon link at the bottom of the page?

Mudderoy
04-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Just curious, what about the Amazon link at the bottom of the page?

I'm not sure. It's been a while since I put it down there.