PDA

View Full Version : Rear Passenger Window replacement?

AusXJ
06-12-2011, 07:08 AM
Hey guys I had my rear passenger window smashed, and stuff stolen whilst at work last night, it is a 95. So you just take out the weather strips and the channel division bar out and slide in a new window then screw up the regulator to glass screw according to the FSM, correct?.
My issue is I can not get out the regulator to glass screw on the broken one and that is all that seems to attach the window is there a trick to it?
Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. Thanks..........:drinking:

Mudderoy
06-14-2011, 09:53 AM
Hey guys I had my rear passenger window smashed, and stuff stolen whilst at work last night, it is a 95. So you just take out the weather strips and the channel division bar out and slide in a new window then screw up the regulator to glass screw according to the FSM, correct?.
My issue is I can not get out the regulator to glass screw on the broken one and that is all that seems to attach the window is there a trick to it?
Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. Thanks..........:drinking:

I'd like to know the answer to this as well.

xj4life2
06-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Try this , hope it helps

REMOVAL

Lower the window glass.
Pry the window beltline molding from the clips and remove the molding from the door.
Remove the window weatherstrip seals from the door.
Remove the trim panel and waterdam from the door inner panel.
Remove the channel/division bar screws and drill-out the rivet head to remove.
Tilt the channel/division bar forward and remove it from the door.
Remove the window glass screw, bushing and retainer from the regulator.
Remove the window glass from door.

http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/payless4x/doorwindowremoval.gif

INSTALLATION

Install the glass in the door, and install the retainer, bushing and screw.
Tighten the glass attaching screw 6 Nm (53 in. lbs) torque.
Install the window glass channel/division bar in the door.
Install the window glass channel/division bar screws and rivet. Tighten the screws to 6 Nm (5 ft lbs) torque.
Install the window glass channel and belt weatherstrip seals.
Install the window beltline molding.
Install the door waterdam and trim panel

AusXJ
06-15-2011, 01:25 AM
Got it done in the end, just had problems getting the glass to regulator screw out once I got it moving was no problems at all.
I found it was not necessary to remove any pop rivets or the channel division between the rear quarter glass and window.

All I did was unfasten the upper screw and lower bolt on the channel division slide quarter glass down as far as it will go then tilted the Channel division back towards the quarter glass, slid the window in carefully to the reach of lowered glass to regulator screw point, inserted rubber bush thing and screwed back up inserted weather channels, and bobs your aunty, one working window replaced after the idiotic car thieves.

Thinking I may put a sticker saying break other side for entry as I have a spare for every other one but not the passengers now...................

4.3LXJ
06-15-2011, 10:42 AM
lol

LizardRunner
06-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Yeah, that might work mate. Theives are very accomadating ya know.

dagr8tim
10-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Makes me glad I have manual windows. I swapped the rear glass on both sides for tinted glass in less than an hour and a half. Start to finish.