PDA

View Full Version : Have you noticed someone missing from xjtalk?

Mudderoy
06-09-2011, 12:52 PM
I don't want to bother anyone, especailly if they aren't around because they don't enjoy xjtalk, or perhaps they enjoy another site better, but I thought I'd recommend that if you notice someone is "missing" from the site, take a moment and send them a message.

The more people we have here the more fun and information we have and you never know. It may be that the missing members just don't feel like they are needed on xjtalk. Maybe they posted, or posted several times and they never got a response from anyone.

I know I felt that I wasn't accepted on a few big XJ sites because of that lack of response.

You can find a missing member by going to NavBar > Community > Members or just click on this :link: (http://www.xjtalk.com/memberlist.php)

LizardRunner
06-09-2011, 12:54 PM
will do. I hang out here cause no one calls me duma$$:smiley-laughing021: Jk, seriously, I have found better information and many more likeable people here than anywhere else.

Mudderoy
06-09-2011, 12:56 PM
will do. I hang out here cause no one calls me duma$$ lol

I got a great indirect compliment last night on the show from Jennsen. He said he liked xjtalk because he knew he could show us all his hard work on that MJ and everyone would have good and positive things to say about his efforts. It shocks me every time when I hear things like this because it was my goal 100% to make this a site where people felt good about being here.

I guess that is also why I'm concerned that maybe I've missed some people.

LizardRunner
06-09-2011, 01:46 PM
I am always amazed that some hoser would bash you for sharing instead of appreciating what you did. I saw that a few times on some of the other sites and thought dang what idiots stick around here and why?

jccatt
06-09-2011, 04:20 PM
I am always amazed that some hoser would bash you for sharing instead of appreciating what you did. I saw that a few times on some of the other sites and thought dang what idiots stick around here and why?

X2

Thats why i like this site. Positive comments. Ive been flamed by no it alls on other sites, so dont go back.

Mudderoy
06-09-2011, 04:33 PM
X2

Thats why i like this site. Positive comments. Ive been flamed by no it alls on other sites, so dont go back.

It was funny Jennsen(sp?) commented on the show last night that shortly after he joined xjtalk, and posted, I sent him an e-mail and explained that we were a "nice" site (I'm paraphrasing). He said he thought about what he had posted and realized it did sound bad then realized he wasn't on Pirate. :rotfl2:

I think we've all learned that if you mis-judge a place you can get ripped up pretty bad, at the very least teased. I try to keep that in mind when people first come here. It's quite normal to expect to be flamed and corrected because that seems to be the norm everywhere else. And again, why I started this site.

In almost ALL cases everyone that comes (and stays) here gets the feel for the "room" and realizes you don't have to have your guard up. You can just enjoy yourself.

prerunner1982
06-09-2011, 04:53 PM
Good show last night by the way... listened to it this afternoon.

I have also found this a nice place to hang out. I have even been on another XJ forum that claimed to be the friendly forum, yet there is a lot of bashing going on.

torque
06-10-2011, 02:29 PM
I am new, which gives me a little bit of a different perspective than regular guys here...

I liked that when I stopped by there were comments telling a guy what a great job he did on something, rather than telling him all the stuff he should have done or could have done or nit picking. That is why I registered.

I could have gone to other boards, and I am a member of one other jeep forum, but it seems that most of the other 4x4 forums are more like Tim "the tool man" Taylor with a jeep. I felt that here I could say that I wanted to build a jeep that would see minimal offroad action and not be ridiculed for not going balls out.

I had a reply to my intro, and a welcome pretty quickly, I also didn't get a wrath of crap for my plans, and even got a response from the admin, that is pretty cool since most forums the admins are uber-nuts on the topic and are usually condescending or you can feel them talking down to you if and when you warrant any attention from them at all.

I have spent a few hours reading around on here and I quite like the forum, so this is me taking two seconds to thank you guys for being that friendly forum and recognizing that there is a group of jeep owners who doesn't measure their manhood by their rig. I can't wait to get my pictures of the new to me XJ on sunday to post here and see what you guys think. I am looking forward to feedback and advice and posting all the mods and wrenching pics up here.

Keep doing what you are doing, and I think that you can make a really cool forum into a bigger really cool forum.

(just remember though that with growth a few bad apples will sign up too, that is just the nature of the beast, and then moderators become more important. There is a reason that I am not on some of the other boards that are larger, there is no moderation and I hate seeing personal attacks, rude unconstructive criticisms and having to make sure that no one else can see the avatars or posts over my shoulder in my living room because apparently you aren't cool if you don't use excessive language and barely clothed women to make a point)

Mudderoy
06-10-2011, 02:38 PM
I am new, which gives me a little bit of a different perspective than regular guys here...

I liked that when I stopped by there were comments telling a guy what a great job he did on something, rather than telling him all the stuff he should have done or could have done or nit picking. That is why I registered.

I could have gone to other boards, and I am a member of one other jeep forum, but it seems that most of the other 4x4 forums are more like Tim "the tool man" Taylor with a jeep. I felt that here I could say that I wanted to build a jeep that would see minimal offroad action and not be ridiculed for not going balls out.

I had a reply to my intro, and a welcome pretty quickly, I also didn't get a wrath of crap for my plans, and even got a response from the admin, that is pretty cool since most forums the admins are uber-nuts on the topic and are usually condescending or you can feel them talking down to you if and when you warrant any attention from them at all.

I have spent a few hours reading around on here and I quite like the forum, so this is me taking two seconds to thank you guys for being that friendly forum and recognizing that there is a group of jeep owners who doesn't measure their manhood by their rig. I can't wait to get my pictures of the new to me XJ on sunday to post here and see what you guys think. I am looking forward to feedback and advice and posting all the mods and wrenching pics up here.

Keep doing what you are doing, and I think that you can make a really cool forum into a bigger really cool forum.

(just remember though that with growth a few bad apples will sign up too, that is just the nature of the beast, and then moderators become more important. There is a reason that I am not on some of the other boards that are larger, there is no moderation and I hate seeing personal attacks, rude unconstructive criticisms and having to make sure that no one else can see the avatars or posts over my shoulder in my living room because apparently you aren't cool if you don't use excessive language and barely clothed women to make a point)

I really appreciate the feedback, and is exactly what I like to hear! :D

Please keep in mind, and that applies to all of you, if you don't like something here (and that includes me) I want to know about it. If you don't feel comfortable complaining about me, ahhh to me, then tell msmoorenburg, or any of the moderators.

We are well aware that are lots of very good Jeep sites out there and we want to be the best. I figure either we get everyone here, or we can force the other Jeep sites to force members to treat each other with respect. Yeah that's my goal. :out:

4x4Dalton
06-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Yeah i feel the same way. When I first got my XJ I was needin some major help bad and fast. Well I posted my questions on here and in no time had some great responses on what to do. And since then I have learned each and every day on here something new. I like some others also am a member of another Jeep site and very seldom get the help I do here. This site has,is and IMO will always be one if not the best XJ site out there. No one bashes ya for a build theres always someone here to help ya no matter what hour...lol. So I guess what I'm sayin is.......I LOVE XJTALK !!!!!

Mudderoy
06-10-2011, 03:00 PM
Oh and BTW you new people should know we don't frown on people posting about other Jeep websites. We're not going to pretend they don't exist nor will we pretend we are better.

There is lots of good information on many Jeep sites. I know I enjoy naxja.org, CherokeeForum.com and CherokeeTalk.com I'm always finding good information on other sites.

The only way we are going to get better is to know what you guys need on the site. One way to find it out is when you post about the information you found on another site.

Mudderoy
07-12-2011, 11:54 AM
BrianXJ
Punisher
BlueXJ
rguignard

Pink
07-12-2011, 12:18 PM
I have noticed Rene is missing. {giggles}

cantab27
07-12-2011, 09:58 PM
BrianXJ
Punisher
BlueXJ
rguignard

i heard they have joined a Honda cult.....:headshake:

JENSSEN
07-12-2011, 11:35 PM
Don't worry buddy I a still here,...just get crazy busy sometimes,... :poke: live call soon?

Mudderoy
07-12-2011, 11:49 PM
Don't worry buddy I a still here,...just get crazy busy sometimes,... :poke: live call soon?

What time tomorrow?

JENSSEN
07-12-2011, 11:52 PM
Double post, sorry

JENSSEN
07-12-2011, 11:54 PM
Live or recorded?

Mudderoy
07-13-2011, 02:01 AM
Live or recorded?

Only recorded now.

BlueXJ
07-18-2011, 09:52 AM
BrianXJ
Punisher
BlueXJ
rguignard

Blasphemer!!!!!

Melissa has been missing for months. Last checkin was in May.

Mudderoy
07-18-2011, 02:10 PM
Blasphemer!!!!!

Melissa has been missing for months. Last checkin was in May.

Yeah I've done some e-mail with her just checking on her. Life got in the way of her good "Jeep web site" fun. :(

JENSSEN
07-19-2011, 12:20 AM
You around Tom night?

easttxhunter
07-22-2011, 01:40 PM
My name didnt come up in the missing but I am still around. Havent caught the show in awhile due to softball league's. Finally got off my ass and finished the floor pan last weekend. Gonna throw the seats and crap back in it on sunday and ill be ready to roll.

finneys98xj
07-23-2011, 10:20 AM
OK this makes me sad! Nobody noticed I have been missing since may.!

cpttuna
09-29-2011, 09:22 PM
I was missing from this site for probably a year. This was because I took offense to a comment made to me by someone high up on this site. I do not know why I came back. I did come back, but it's not like it was before. Watch what you say to people.

msmoorenburg
09-29-2011, 09:48 PM
I was missing from this site for probably a year. This was because I took offense to a comment made to me by someone high up on this site. I do not know why I came back. I did come back, but it's not like it was before. Watch what you say to people.

welcome back:cool0010::cool0010:

Mudderoy
09-29-2011, 09:59 PM

It sounds like something I usually do wrong :(

4.3LXJ
09-30-2011, 12:33 PM
I guess we should apologize. Should we talk about it?

pvt.tadpolxj
10-09-2011, 02:12 PM
I have alway's taken great pride in XJtalk..I am in & out but i am a busy man. I mean with work and trying to make big repairs to my house this year...I have been checking in a lot as of sept 2011 and I can't seem to break away. I really enjoy the company of you Jeeper's....I think the one person i am missing is Melissa....:rolleye0012:

Mudderoy
10-09-2011, 08:40 PM
I have alway's taken great pride in XJtalk..I am in & out but i am a busy man. I mean with work and trying to make big repairs to my house this year...I have been checking in a lot as of sept 2011 and I can't seem to break away. I really enjoy the company of you Jeeper's....I think the one person i am missing is Melissa....:rolleye0012:

Yeah I need to e-mail her again. I think the economy hit them pretty hard and all her time was keeping the family going financially.

prerunner1982
10-09-2011, 11:59 PM
Yeah I need to e-mail her again. I think the economy hit them pretty hard and all her time was keeping the family going financially.

That is unfortunate, but I certainly understand as well.

BlueXJ
10-10-2011, 12:10 AM
So what is the latest on Melissa. I sure miss her on this darned site. She always had good things to say and although she was not too tech oriented she would tackle much more than the majority of females on these type sites. Did I mention I miss her?

default83
10-10-2011, 07:09 AM
im still around, i noticed it said i havent posted in a while up top.

went through a pretty rough break up and she kept the jeep:bang:, so i no longer have a jeep just my truck. therefore i usually just lurk.

Mudderoy
10-10-2011, 08:58 AM
im still around, i noticed it said i havent posted in a while up top.

went through a pretty rough break up and she kept the jeep:bang:, so i no longer have a jeep just my truck. therefore i usually just lurk.

Lurking is fine, checking in and letting us know how you're doing is better. ;)

Metlic53
10-10-2011, 09:15 AM
dirtbound offroad?

Mudderoy
10-10-2011, 09:19 AM
dirtbound offroad?

lol I bet this is less missing and more playing with the new plasma table.

bluedragon436
10-10-2011, 09:20 AM
I know if I had a toy like that.. I'd be off playing and designing stuff using the table too!!