PDA

View Full Version : Nothing like being at the hospital when you're supposed to be home.

BigJeepBigJeep
05-29-2011, 05:10 PM
Damn my luck. Supposed to be beatin on the xj right now. Woke up horribly sick.

So far I've been tested for bronchitus, the flu, kidney stones, pnuemonia, and meningitus. All negative. They've basically said I have a viral infection as far as they can tell and the only thing I can do is keep popping these 500mg motrins because my fever keeps shooting up to 103.1 every hour or so.

Damnnnnn

/rant

Edit: don't know if its this damn dileria or me being stupid, but title was supposed to say when you're supposed to be wheeling... I guess that's kinda like being home.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk

Mudderoy
05-29-2011, 05:48 PM
Damn my luck. Supposed to be beatin on the xj right now. Woke up horribly sick.

So far I've been tested for bronchitus, the flu, kidney stones, pnuemonia, and meningitus. All negative. They've basically said I have a viral infection as far as they can tell and the only thing I can do is keep popping these 500mg motrins because my fever keeps shooting up to 103.1 every hour or so.

Damnnnnn

/rant

Edit: don't know if its this damn dileria or me being stupid, but title was supposed to say when you're supposed to be wheeling... I guess that's kinda like being home.

Wow I'm sorry to hear this. I wonder if it's something you picked up the last time you were at the park and going through some of the water.

4.3LXJ
05-29-2011, 05:59 PM
Sorry to hear that. Have they tested for West Nile Virus. Kind of a problem here, so we have mosquito control. Of course you don't have skeeters where you are, right?

Mudderoy
05-29-2011, 06:10 PM
Sorry to hear that. Have they tested for West Nile Virus. Kind of a problem here, so we have mosquito control. Of course you don't have skeeters where you are, right?

Yeah I haven't heard about that this year, but I haven't been watching much local news.

4.3LXJ
05-29-2011, 06:30 PM
We have had some cases of it here. It can give the same symptoms Big Jeep has or cause death, or just a mild case of the flu. It is different in everyone.

BigJeepBigJeep
05-29-2011, 06:43 PM
We have them here, but not so bad anymore as we used to. I haven't ben through the water in two weeks so idk. I was perfectly fine Friday. Woke up Saturday sick as can be.

BigJeepBigJeep
05-29-2011, 06:48 PM
I was in the hopital all day yesterday. Normally I wouldn't have thought anything of it, but because of how quickly it happened and how random the symptoms were, I felt the need to go to the hospital. Luckily I got to bypass the ER, they said since I'm 21 I'm still eligible for the pediatrics side. Got in in about 5 minutes.

4.3LXJ
05-29-2011, 06:49 PM
That is a plus. You can die waiting to get into an ER room.

BigJeepBigJeep
05-29-2011, 07:37 PM
Yea they told me it was a 24 hour wait. I would've either died or killed somone before that.

saar
05-30-2011, 12:52 AM
Get well soon,
Saar

Jamie Lynn
05-30-2011, 12:57 AM
As silly as this may sound...I know a friend of the family was the same way..it took him 3 weeks to get better and they told him that it was "allergies"...sounds kind of fishy to me but I do hope you feel better soon and keep us updated.

BigJeepBigJeep
05-30-2011, 10:37 AM
Well jamie I hope it doesnt take that long. I tried working last night and crashed pretty bad. They told me if the fever persists after 5 days to go back to the hospital. So we will see.

bluedragon436
05-30-2011, 10:39 AM
Hope you get to feeling better... I have gone through those bad fever times like that... and being military they give us Motrins for everything...

BigJeepBigJeep
05-30-2011, 04:52 PM
Thanks. I wanted to go to down south off road today with some of the other xjtalk guys but the wife said no :( stupid being sick

Jamie Lynn
05-30-2011, 08:24 PM
Thanks. I wanted to go to down south off road today with some of the other xjtalk guys but the wife said no :( stupid being sick

Boo..what a kill joy..lol

LizardRunner
05-31-2011, 09:28 PM
get well soon brother.

BigJeepBigJeep
05-31-2011, 11:25 PM
Thanks. For some reason my throat got sore out of nowhere. My tonsils are huge. Ughhhhh damn this illness....

Jamie Lynn
06-01-2011, 12:35 AM
Thanks. For some reason my throat got sore out of nowhere. My tonsils are huge. Ughhhhh damn this illness....

Bummer...just watch that your fever doesn't spike up and that you don't develop a rash...if any of these happen...you better bring your happy butt to the docs or the emergency room.

BigJeepBigJeep
06-01-2011, 12:50 AM
Haha yea I know. Ill be ok, I don't have time for being sick.

Jamie Lynn
06-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Who really does have time to be sick?...lol