PDA

View Full Version : Alive and Well in Joplin

dirtroadroots
05-25-2011, 10:16 PM
Sunday evening the south side of Joplin was leveled by an EF5 tornado. Please pray for those here that were effected. Clean up and search and rescue is going on round the clock here, and with time things will be back to normal, but many people havr lost everything. I aint on here much cause I aint got got internet anymore except on my phone. if anyone wants to help you can contact me at [email protected]. Even the little things like clothes that dont fit ou're you dont wwear would be a blessing to those who lost everything.

cantab27
05-25-2011, 10:48 PM
stay safe mate......is there somewhere we can donate to like the link on the home page tony put up for us ......

xj4life2
05-26-2011, 07:23 PM
Hey post up an address so we can get some stuff together for the comunity, If you or your family has a needs post them to and we will be sure to work on them. Please know that we are all praying for you and the comunity !!

LizardRunner
05-26-2011, 07:58 PM
all of joplin are in my prayers as are those here in arkansas who have been hit hard by the whirling winds. I am also praying for those who lost loved ones and those who still don't know.

dirtroadroots
05-27-2011, 11:05 AM
I'm working on finding an adress for donations...my family was safe, but it has effected my work greatly...lost bout half of the properties I care for...clean up will be going on for quite a while...thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers

dirtroadroots
05-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Here's two places that are accepting donations

Wildwoods Baptist Church
4827 E 20th
Joplin, MO 64801
(417) 623-6466

Forest Park Baptist Church
725 S Highview
Joplin, MO 64801
(417) 623-4606

both of these churches said their biggest need os tolietries and personal hygene products...they also are in great need of volunteers if anyone is willing to come help in that way

Other places you can send donations would be the red cross and united way...dont know an address or link for those however

4.3LXJ
05-27-2011, 12:01 PM
Here's two places that are accepting donations

Wildwoods Baptist Church
4827 E 20th
Joplin, MO 64801
(417) 623-6466

Forest Park Baptist Church
725 S Highview
Joplin, MO 64801
(417) 623-4606

both of these churches said their biggest need os tolietries and personal hygene products...they also are in great need of volunteers if anyone is willing to come help in that way

Other places you can send donations would be the red cross and united way...dont know an address or link for those however

Here is another that does word wide relief.

Adventist Community Services Disaster Response

NEWS RELEASE - May 23, 2011

Adventist Community Services Disaster Response (ACS DR) teams are rapidly responding to the devastating tornado that struck Joplin, Missouri yesterday. This morning, ACS DR coordinators Jody Dickhaut and Roy Weeden began surveying damage, assessing needs and identifying safe locations to begin operations. The Federal Emergency Management Agency and the state of Missouri have requested that ACS DR take the lead in collecting, sorting and warehousing donated goods that have already begun streaming into the area. Warehouse space has been identified and operations are anticipated to begin tomorrow. Goods processed by the warehouse will be delivered to disaster survivors through emergency distribution centers and by mobile distribute units.

These teams in Missouri join ACS DR teams currently responding in Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Arkansas, Virginia, and Alaska to provide aid to individuals affected by tornadoes, flooding and other disasters. Tons of donated goods are being processed and provide aid to thousands of individuals in need.

If you are interested in helping ACS DR and the many survivors attempting to put their lives back together, please pray for them and consider making a donation to Adventist Community Services Disaster Response.

To donate:
1) Go to www.communityservices.org,
2) Call 1-800-381-7171, or
3) Mail a check or money order to:
12501 Old Columbia Pike
Silver Spring, MD 20904
Adventist Community Services Disaster Response (ACS DR) teams are rapidly responding to the devastating tornado that struck Joplin, Missouri yesterday. This morning, ACS DR coordinators Jody Dickhaut and Roy Weeden began surveying damage, assessing needs and identifying safe locations to begin operations. The Federal Emergency Management Agency and the state of Missouri have requested that ACS DR take the lead in collecting, sorting and warehousing donated goods that have already begun streaming into the area. Warehouse space has been identified and operations are anticipated to begin tomorrow. Goods processed by the warehouse will be delivered to disaster survivors through emergency distribution centers and by mobile distribute units.

These teams in Missouri join ACS DR teams currently responding in Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Arkansas, Virginia, and Alaska to provide aid to individuals affected by tornadoes, flooding and other disasters. Tons of donated goods are being processed and provide aid to thousands of individuals in need.

If you are interested in helping ACS DR and the many survivors attempting to put their lives back together, please pray for them and consider making a donation to Adventist Community Services Disaster Response.

To donate:
1) Go to www.communityservices.org,
2) Call 1-800-381-7171, or
3) Mail a check or money order to:
12501 Old Columbia Pike
Silver Spring, MD 20904

DETOURS
05-27-2011, 06:36 PM
Did Red Cross in the name of Joplin, glad you're well!

http://www.redcross.org/

Why is this not front page news here? We take care of our own like family, or atleast we should, these people need our help!!