PDA

View Full Version : question while I'm waiting for this....

muddeprived
06-16-2009, 05:28 AM
...aero kroil to do it's magic. I am installing a gas skid and had to spray down the strap bolts in front of the tank. I can't get the nut off the threaded hook that holds up the front of the strap so i sprayed it with my magic potion and waiting for it to work it's magic.

While i'm waiting, what's involved in converting your column mounted hi-beam lever into a floor mounted push switch? My dad's old 86 f-150 had this floor mounted button and i loved it. I don't want to tear into the steering column so is there wires I can hack into and route them to a switch on the floor?

BlueXJ
06-16-2009, 06:48 AM
I'm sure there are. Do you have the set of FSMs for your year to find the wiring diagram so you can find the proper wire colors to hack? That would be the first step and as far as I know there are only two/three wires so that it would be hard to mess up. Finding a switch and mounting it may be a little more difficult. You must remember that your column lever has a momentary high beam on section too so get the proper wires and let us know how it goes.

kmanxj
06-16-2009, 07:11 AM
AERO KROIL FTW!!!!!!

and idk about the switch lol. Those are kool tho

Mudderoy
06-16-2009, 08:46 AM
I don't know why they moved the high beam switch. That is where it always used to be. Maybe it is a handicap thing.

You could make it work double duty. Wire a relay up to that switch that enables/disables the starter. Now you have to click it before you can start the jeep.