PDA

View Full Version : The Valvoline Engine Guarantee

whowey
06-15-2009, 09:24 PM
A customer of mine asked me to take a look at this and see if it was good deal. It certainly is.. For Valvoline.

The requirements of the program are fairly simple.

Register your vehicle with less than 75k miles on it. Agree to change your oil every 3k miles with Valvoline oil only and a factory oil filter. Register all the info online and keep your reciepts.

Some of the fine print that will keep most of us 'lunatic fringe' from ever being able to use this program.

Must be less than 19 years old at time of registration. So 1990 and older XJ's you are out.

The engine cannot be modified with non-factory parts. So you ever upgrade any part of your engine.. like with the towing cams from Crane?? You are out.

The vehicle cannot be equipped with any non-factory accessories or parts. Got a snorkel, a cold air intake, a roof rack, bigger tires, radios, stereos, or a lift???? you are out. The warranty paperwork specifically states a snow plow as its example for this.

This program is probably a decent deal for folks that DD their late model vehicles. But certainly not for us.

Melissa
06-15-2009, 09:28 PM
Well mine almost could enter except my OD says 275,000, other than that I would have been good to go

DETOURS
06-15-2009, 09:49 PM
Use Castrol products, and forget about it! :thumbsup:

Little known secret........."Crusty".........has survived with mismatched #6 connecting rod bearings for the last 11 years....on Castrol.

Long story short.....right after buying Crusty 11 years ago, we spun the #6 connecting rod bearing......I purchased bearings 10,000th's over and attempted the swap on a Sunday.......10,000th's were too much, I dropped the pan again and installed "1" oversized bearing and the better of the 2 old bearings...........BOTTA BING.....it worked......at the time for some dumb a$$ reason the changed oil or new oil was the Texaco Havoline (sale??)........a short time later I drove Crusty 748 miles to N. Carolina.....by the time I got there, oil preasure was virtually non existant........:eek:

While there, an oil change was done Castrol 20-50 (please consider the bearing and the fact it was summer)........My return 748 mile trip I was happy to see the SAME 40lbs of oil presure I left NC with........11 years later, Crusty only got Castrol 10-30 oil changes, the mis matched bearings are still in place, it still hug's 40lbs oil presure.......and Crusty's now moved on.....

True Story! :thumbsup: