PDA

View Full Version : An Open Letter

BlueXJ
06-14-2009, 09:47 AM
AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA
By Lou Pritchett

Dear President Obama:

You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me.

You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.

You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support.

You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American.

You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll.

You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don't understand it at its core.

You scare me because you lack humility and 'class', always blaming others.

You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail.

You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the 'blame America' crowd and deliver this message abroad.

You scare me because you want to change America to a European style country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector.

You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one.

You scare me because you prefer 'wind mills' to responsibly capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves.

You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world.

You scare me because you have begun to use 'extortion' tactics against certain banks and corporations.

You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals.

You scare me because you will not openly listen to or even consider opposing points of view from intelligent people.

You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient.

You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you do.

You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaughs, Hannitys, O'Relllys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view.

You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing.

Finally, you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years.

Lou Pritchett

Note: Lou Pritchett is a former vice president of Procter & Gamble whose career at that company spanned 36 years before his retirement in 1989, and he is the author of the 1995 business book, Stop Paddling & Start Rocking the Boat.

Mr. Pritchett confirmed that he was indeed the author of the much-circulated "open letter." “I did write the 'you scare me' letter. I sent it to the NY Times but they never acknowledged or published it. However, it hit the internet and according to the ‘experts’ has had over 500,000 hits.

Melissa
06-14-2009, 10:16 AM
I agree with every part of his letter

Mudderoy
06-14-2009, 10:34 AM
But the Bush haters are still just happy it isn't Bush. I wonder how long people will keep the blinders on.

BlueXJ
06-14-2009, 10:36 AM
But the Bush haters are still just happy it isn't Bush. I wonder how long people will keep the blinders on.

I'd guess through his first year and part of his second. Then I think common sense will prevail.

Melissa
06-14-2009, 11:15 AM
I'd guess through his first year and part of his second. Then I think common sense will prevail.

I'm not so sure, as long as the voters (that voted for him) still think that Obama is going to "take care of them" their common sense is going to be nowhere to be found :smiley-scared002:

ol"blue
06-14-2009, 11:34 AM
They're so busy kissing his *** and following him they can't see ahead the direction he's going. It's like when you're tailgating a semi. You don't know what's ahead unless you back off and get a better perspective. Dan :patriot:

Melissa
06-14-2009, 12:06 PM
They're so busy kissing his *** and following him they can't see ahead the direction he's going. It's like when you're tailgating a semi. You don't know what's ahead unless you back off and get a better perspective. Dan :patriot:

:cheerleader: Nery nice wording ol"blue :cheerleader:

finneys98xj
06-14-2009, 01:34 PM
AMEN!! i agree 100%

Voldemort
06-14-2009, 09:51 PM
I am not an Obama supporter but I think we should all calm down and give this some time. No one hurt this country more than Jimmy Carter and we survived that. Two years ago everyone in the country was saying I would take anyone over BUSH. Well they got it. As long as I can carry and own my guns and can protect what is mine then I am not scared, and I am not scared now. I am an action guy, but I fear that they(the Government) have lulled America to a fat *** sleep where we are afraid to even protect our own or own a gun. Do yourself a favor if you do not own a gun GO GET ONE and start going to the gym and eating better, then you will not feel so weak.

_StationWagon_
06-15-2009, 05:53 PM
Yes, because your big bad gun will solve all your problems. Bravo.

finneys98xj
06-15-2009, 07:06 PM
Guns dont kill, husbands who come home early do.

Voldemort
06-15-2009, 10:35 PM
No No Bro I would only ever use a gun if one was being used against me. You have the wrong idea about me. I have no need for guns I can handle myself very well and FEAR NO HUMAN. I also hunt with a Bow and I think everyone should start in the gym and learn to box and protect themselves and then gain the strength to use it. My wife works out and works out with other woman train MMA not for sport but to protect themselves and she has a Glock 22 that she can handle just as well as any man. It is about being prepared, Period.

Mudderoy
06-15-2009, 10:54 PM
No No Bro I would only ever use a gun if one was being used against me. You have the wrong idea about me. I have no need for guns I can handle myself very well and FEAR NO HUMAN. I also hunt with a Bow and I think everyone should start in the gym and learn to box and protect themselves and then gain the strength to use it. My wife works out and works out with other woman train MMA not for sport but to protect themselves and she has a Glock 22 that she can handle just as well as any man. It is about being prepared, Period.

You "FEAR NO HUMAN"?!?!?!! Yet in the same paragraph you say you are married. I'm confused. :smiley-laughing021:

Mudderoy
06-15-2009, 10:56 PM

Guns are not big and bad, people are.

A gun is the ultimate BAN hammer. :smiley-laughing021:

Voldemort
06-15-2009, 11:01 PM
You "FEAR NO HUMAN"?!?!?!! Yet in the same paragraph you say you are married. I'm confused. :smiley-laughing021:

HAHAHAH! My statement still stands.:thumbsup: