PDA

View Full Version : Everybody ok ??? - 140 Tornadoes strike the Southern U.S.

xj4life2
04-28-2011, 11:29 AM
After watching the news this morning and hearing about everything going on in the South,Midwest, East . I thought I'd better ask. I know we have have members close to affected areas mabey in them, so please let us know if your ok.If you know someone who is in the affected areas that has not posted call'em see if they are.We kinda need to stick together and help each other out.Call this Payback , play it forward or just concern but when we had the big fires here and were evacuated we were blessed by many , some we didn't even know.So now its my / your turn. Last if you are in an effected area and can make calls but not local (generally happens in a state of emergency) and would like to relay a call (to check on family ) , call my 800 number and I will try from here.As always pray for those who are effected !! :pray:
Mark

LizardRunner
04-28-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm in arkansas and am ok, even though we live in our RV and have no place to hide. Found out that three people I knew in Birmingham aren't here anymore just a few minutes ago.

xj4life2
04-28-2011, 01:11 PM
I'm in arkansas and am ok, even though we live in our RV and have no place to hide. Found out that three people I knew in Birmingham aren't here anymore just a few minutes ago.

Thats exactly what I'm talking about .

DETOURS
04-28-2011, 02:37 PM
Got lucky here in Northeast Kentucky, it tracked more southward than they were predicting. LOTS of devastation down south, I feel pretty bad for them,
entire towns are under quarantine.

xj4life2
04-28-2011, 02:39 PM
Glad all is well there Mark , what tore me up was the 120 and climbing death toll in Alabama. Total the said in all areas was over 200 souls.

DETOURS
04-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Thankyou, I think I heard it was over 290 so far.

LizardRunner
04-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Glad it missed you too Mark. I rather expect the DT to reach around 400 before they get everyone found.

The wife and I watched three wall clouds try to spawn 5 each, that would have pretty well wiped out North Little Rock if they had made it to the ground. I got a mite concerned but then they again suddenly shifted east. That action seemed to take the oomph out of that one supercell and we found ourselves in a lighter sky almost immediately. Wind shears were in the 79-90 mph range by the time the storms found Alabama.

I can only hope my friends there didn't suffer. Their house isn't there anymore just the foundation is left. and they had a basement, albeit part of it was a ground level around the back. tonight I must make prayers and offer up smoke, burry tobacco and sing the songs for them.

xj4life2
04-28-2011, 04:31 PM
Thankyou, I think I heard it was over 290 so far.

haven't listen to the news in a while, I guess thats a good thing in a way.

jccatt
04-28-2011, 04:40 PM

Glad you are ok lizardrunner, sorry to here about your friends.

4.3LXJ
04-28-2011, 07:32 PM
One of the blessings of not having regular reception is that I am just finding out about this. My condolences for any loses to friends and assets. I am glad all so far on the forum are safe.

cantab27
04-29-2011, 01:03 AM
glad to hear you folks are ok,,,,scary looking shit them storms , on the news here,,,stay safe

xj4life2
04-29-2011, 11:26 AM
I guess you had more in Ga. last night ? missed the news this morning.