PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1999 XJ 4.0L 4WD (Maryland)

whocares8310
04-25-2011, 08:09 AM
1999 XJ Sport

4wd, 4.0L Engine, 8.25 Rear Axle (99% Sure), 90k Miles on the Odometer

Parts Replaced since i got it to make it run better and pass inspection.

Cat-Back Exhaust
Distributor Cap
Ignition Wires
Distributor Rotor
Radiator
Rear Drum Brake Shoes

The Bad:

It is a salvage title, the previous owner bought it from the person who got it retitled. NJ-accident, NY-re-title/NY-sold/VA-I bought it, is how the title process went to the best of my knowledge

I had an accident in it where the passenger side front quarter panel got bent up where it meets the grill. Also the bumper at that spot got bent in a bit as well. In order to keep it from looking really weird i removed the end caps from the bumper but i still have them.

The Fiberglass from the headliner was peeling and flying about so i removed the headliner to keep from inhaling it with the windows down. It was dry rotted and i couldn't separate the fabric from the fiberglass so it got trashed.

Jeep is in MARYLAND and I am in VIRGINIA, I will not be able to complete transaction until After May 15th when I graduate.

The Good:

New Exhaust
New Radiator
New Distributor
New Distributor Rotor
New Ignition Wires
New Brake Shoes on Rears
Passed VA Inspection in February
Accident Happened Before Inspection (so it's not like it made something completely un-drivable)
Under 100K Miles Driven
Tires have a decent amount of tread left

I also removed the Audiovox alarm that was installed on the Jeep. The PO didn't have the remote and it was very sensitive, read: slam door too hard while locked an it'd go off. The wire looms are still wired up under the dash so if you'd like to purchase a remote and/or re-attached the alarm system I'll give you the brain and shock sensor. The Model # is APS25CH. A new KeyChain remote for it is listed at Amazon for 25$. So i can't attest to the wiring job for the system since it was giving me issues but if you wanted to have a professional take a look at it and install it that wouldn't be too bad of an idea.

I also have the ventvisors from the previous owner. One was cracked and the 3M tape used to secure them was peeling so i just went ahead and removed all of them.

The Jeep also has side steps. They are "Back Country" brand and look like this: Side Steps (http://www.backcountryaccy.com/images/Black7034.jpg) They are a lot more beat up though.

Pictures will come soon. Any other questions feel free to post as I will make sure to check this posting often.

bluedragon436
04-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Alright, first I have to ask how much you are looking for this XJ?? Also was wondering where in MD it is located? Look forward to pics as well.. I may not pick it up myself, but I know of a few folks looking for a decent shape Jeep.. so maybe we can make that happen...

whocares8310
04-25-2011, 10:36 PM
It is garaged in West Friendship, MD right now. Id like 3000 for it. pics will come very soon

bluedragon436
04-25-2011, 10:42 PM
will pass that info on to the people that are looking...

whocares8310
04-25-2011, 10:49 PM
thanks for the help. id like to keep it as a project vehicle but im graduating and dont have the resources to move that and another vehicle several states away

bluedragon436
04-25-2011, 10:58 PM
where are you moving too?? Could always store it temp., and then pick it up on some vacation time or something...

whocares8310
04-26-2011, 07:57 AM
kentucky and my dad wanted the space in his garage for some of his work stuff. i may buy another one later once i start my job and pay my parents back for school

no big pickup to haul a trailer would mean having to make someone else drive the 9 hours or so back to kentucky

whocares8310
05-17-2011, 06:47 PM
here's a link to all the photos

http://imgur.com/a/c8KRZ

whocares8310
05-18-2011, 07:37 AM
price drop to 2500