PDA

View Full Version : Another reason I Love my Wife,...

JENSSEN
04-24-2011, 09:41 AM
So a friend was over on Tuesday and he wanted to do a shake down run snow wheeling with his Toyota He just reassembled the engine on, so I mentioned it to Stephanie and She decided it was time to take "Rosy" the Rubicon out for Her first run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JIaktMct7k&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This is Stephanies second time wheeling and the first time in the bone stock TJ with car style all terrains,...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_RJdUhusDg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

It was a very fun day ended up turning around before we hit our final destination as the snow was 3+ feet deep towards the end. After a few stucks we only popped a cap off the ujoint but drove home worry free. I now see a lift and tires in Her future :)

XJ Rat
04-24-2011, 09:58 AM
Glad all of you had fun. Now it is her turn to modify her Jeep.

JENSSEN
04-24-2011, 11:33 AM
I ordered a 4" lift for it already,... I anticipated Her loving wheeling and wanting a bit more tire,... Lol

bluedragon436
04-24-2011, 01:04 PM
LOL... Nothing wrong with that... just means she will support your habit as it is now hers as well!! Can't complain bout that, well I guess until it start cutting into your build fund...

hookedonxjs
04-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Ya gotta let em drive em too to keep em intrested. Very cool is that banff in the background?

saar
04-26-2011, 02:15 AM
That looks like fun.
Keep the wife, not all of them like those games :)
(My wife hate those trips...)

Saar

LizardRunner
04-26-2011, 01:27 PM
ahh so this is the type of wheeling I can look forward too.:driving::thumbsup:

JENSSEN
04-26-2011, 01:40 PM
ahh so this is the type of wheeling I can look forward too.:driving::thumbsup:

Moving to Alberta?

LizardRunner
04-26-2011, 01:43 PM
yes we are going to be moving there when I retire. Which may be in two years if my wife gets her way ( and we all know how that ends up right? ) in fact we may be coming to Calgary if our daughter Kath gets her way. So now I know it will be either Lethbridge area or Calgary area

DETOURS
04-26-2011, 07:50 PM
Double edge sword..............I dont miss the days of being responseable for 2 Jeeps on the trail at once. (if this is the plan)

JENSSEN
04-26-2011, 09:24 PM
Double edge sword..............I dont miss the days of being responseable for 2 Jeeps on the trail at once. (if this is the plan)

LOL just 2?? I usually fix everybodys junk,... lol 2 would be easy

JENSSEN
04-26-2011, 09:25 PM
yes we are going to be moving there when I retire. Which may be in two years if my wife gets her way ( and we all know how that ends up right? ) in fact we may be coming to Calgary if our daughter Kath gets her way. So now I know it will be either Lethbridge area or Calgary area

Calgary!!! more wheeling closer!!!! Some rocks, Hills, sand, mud (if you like that stuff),... just about everything!

That and Lethbridge is windy as hell!

DETOURS
04-27-2011, 09:06 AM
LOL just 2?? I usually fix everybodys junk,... lol 2 would be easy

Thats a given lending a hand........getting 2 personal Jeeps back from 200 miles away is a pain.......my wife might be alot crazier than yours though, last time I asked her to hold up during a river crossing, she said "1 more", gunned it in the middle of the river, front wheels came out of the water (2.5-3' deep, rushing) (she had 6" lift/33's/rear locker) when she hit the rock shelf, slammed the nose as she exited and pulled off a 90* left had turn around a 4' stump, 6' later, slinging mud everywhere...........she was excited, I........not so much......

Have fun, it's always more fun when it's 'someone else's' Jeep.......

ice_cold
04-27-2011, 12:13 PM
Calgary!!! more wheeling closer!!!! Some rocks, Hills, sand, mud (if you like that stuff),... just about everything!

That and Lethbridge is windy as hell!

I agree, Lethbridge is icky.
Myself, I am a couple hours further north, in the Anti-Calgary City....lol
If you like snow that does not stick around but shows up in big dumps..then Calgary is your City...
I will stay where I am...Thank you...:D

Jennsen..you would'nt have a spare PCM for a Cherokee floating around would you?