PDA

View Full Version : Gutter mounts...

steph74
04-21-2011, 09:16 AM
Does any of the vendor sell some gutter mounts roof bars ?
Or just the gutter mounts bracket maybe ?

Mudderoy
04-21-2011, 09:54 AM
Does any of the vendor sell some gutter mounts roof bars ?
Or just the gutter mounts bracket maybe ?

Damn someone does. Check JCR. I'll keep thinking...

4.3LXJ
04-21-2011, 10:12 AM
Steph, you can get the gutter mounts themselves from Thule. Their major competitor has just slipped my mind. Old timers I guess. One of them uses a square tube in it and can be adapted to roof racks easily. They are also lockable. But not cheap.

Mudderoy
04-21-2011, 10:14 AM
Hey it was JCR!

:link: (http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=XJRCKMNTS&Category_Code=XJMISC)

http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/GutterMountsDec.jpg

If you order anything from them scold them for not being a xjtalk vendor! :sniper:

steph74
04-21-2011, 10:19 AM
Thanks, yeah thule has nice products.... a little bit out my my price range though...

Thanks Tony, I remember now I had seen these before... looks good enough... hop, on the list of things to get/do lol (dang that list is getting long)

Mudderoy
04-21-2011, 10:48 AM
Thanks, yeah thule has nice products.... a little bit out my my price range though...

Thanks Tony, I remember now I had seen these before... looks good enough... hop, on the list of things to get/do lol (dang that list is getting long)

Yeah I thought $40 was high as well, that's almost 10% of an entire rack system.

hookedonxjs
04-21-2011, 09:37 PM
if your lookin for the one for a car like thule and yakima for the round bar they are all big bucks. me and my girlfriend ride bikes and she wanted a roof mount bike rack and it was 300 bucks, just the things your talkin about almost 175 with the locks. My friend got his on craigs list for 50 for 2 yakima clamps. they do work good and I am sure you have gone to etrailer and rackattack ect. ebay?

steph74
04-21-2011, 10:18 PM
no I have not but I will have a look at these sites....

I didn't think $40 was too expensive for the brackets but now that you mention it, yeah it is a big portion of the rack system.... on the other hand it sound to me like it would be the most important part lol

bluedragon436
04-24-2011, 04:11 PM
I was looking at those brackets through JCR for if/when I decide to attempt to build my own rack... I thought they seemed fairly decent priced....