PDA

View Full Version : Research & Development

Voldemort
06-11-2009, 02:42 PM
I need to use you guys as Guinea pigs for some R & D for My new Business Venture. What Body armor would you most likely buy first or need and why have you not already gotten it? How many people are interested in Roof Racks? If you are what would you use it for the most? How many are interested in Tube Doors? If you are would you like to have them with a TJ type door handle/latch or a non visible door latch? How many with four doors would want the rear also? More Questions to come but please be honest. Thank you:popcorn:

Mudderoy
06-11-2009, 02:51 PM
Skid for the C8.25 diff. No one makes one.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj17/mudb8-/rubi/1224117562.jpg

Same thing for the Dana 30.

Voldemort
06-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Skid for the C8.25 diff. No one makes one.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj17/mudb8-/rubi/1224117562.jpg

Same thing for the Dana 30.

What is that pic of?? Why does it look like it is being pulled out of a lake or something?

kryptonitexj
06-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Its a Pinion Skid plate for D44's N'th degree mobility makes them but only for the D44.
Me I would love to see tube doors for a 2dr XJ. i want so much armor I just cant afford any. If you need a genie pig let me know ill try anything.

Mudderoy
06-11-2009, 03:19 PM
What is that pic of?? Why does it look like it is being pulled out of a lake or something?

dunno. I just searched for a picture of a diff skid. I don't know the story of the picture, just showing you the skid I am talking about.

kmanxj
06-11-2009, 06:28 PM
tube doors would be sick!!!! and for all four doors. Warrior products makes them but they are like 400 bucks for 2!!!!!!!

and steel box taillights, and anything you can think of lol

and like kryptonite said ill try anything lol

Voldemort
06-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Its a Pinion Skid plate for D44's N'th degree mobility makes them but only for the D44.
Me I would love to see tube doors for a 2dr XJ. i want so much armor I just cant afford any. If you need a genie pig let me know ill try anything.

Thanks for the offer but between use we have 7 XJ's so I do not think we will need any for fitments. Sorry

xjjeepthing
06-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Gas tank skid, Lower control arm skids. Full length roof rack

Mudderoy
06-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Yeah lower arm skids.

quadracer0387
06-11-2009, 08:38 PM
full lenth low profile roof rack with light tabs, tire mount, and jack mount

muddeprived
06-12-2009, 06:19 AM
I need to use you guys as Guinea pigs for some R & D for My new Business Venture. What Body armor would you most likely buy first or need and why have you not already gotten it? How many people are interested in Roof Racks? If you are what would you use it for the most? How many are interested in Tube Doors? If you are would you like to have them with a TJ type door handle/latch or a non visible door latch? How many with four doors would want the rear also? More Questions to come but please be honest. Thank you:popcorn:

Body armor: Rear quarter armor. Taillight guards. Rocker guards. Bulletproof fenders that cover wide tires (something like the tj's flat tubular fenders that match the oem fender design). I need all of this but haven't gotten it yet because i invested in the gas/t-case,oil,front skids first. Those are mandatory ;)

I am DEFINITELY interested in a roof rack. I would use it for my trail tools (hi-lift, shovel, etc) and spare tire.

I am interested in tube doors (four doors) with tj style handle/lactch. I like the Bestop TJ 1/2 doors the most and they would be great for the xj. It keeps the mud from flying into the jeep. Maybe tubular frame with black diamond plate steel cover. I had a situation where my bestop 1/2 soft doors got punctured by a tree limb and I almost got stabbed by it so I prefer some kind of steel or HD cover on the tube doors.

Example of a diamond plate 1/2 door but I rather black:
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/muddeprived/WAR907DOOR-1.jpg

Another option:
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/muddeprived/door-1.jpg

BlueXJ
06-12-2009, 06:52 AM
full lenth low profile roof rack with light tabs, tire mount, and jack mount
Add shovel mount too.

Diff skid and lower control arm skids that are bolt on not weldable ones because many people don't have the capacity to weld their stuff.
A universal transfercase skid, now they are individualized for either a 231 or a 242 case.
Many make a fuel tank skid but most trap water and rocks under them. If you designed one that would have some drain feature that would be a big improvement.
Lastly the rear tailights are very vulnerable on the trail but the solution has been to replace the tailight with a box that has flush mounted LED fixtures in them. A good guard for stock lights would be a big seller.http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/JoanE_2008/guineapigs.jpg

Voldemort
06-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Thanks guys these are all great opinions & ideas.

Mudderoy
06-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Thanks guys these are all great opinions & ideas.

Had enough all ready? :smiley-scared002:

Voldemort
06-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Had enough all ready? :smiley-scared002:

You can never have enough good ideas. Especially from people you want to buy stuff from you.;)

Mudderoy
06-12-2009, 03:46 PM
You can never have enough good ideas. Especially from people you want to buy stuff from you.;)

Smart man! :thumbsup:

Voldemort
06-12-2009, 06:35 PM
We have alot of decisions to make but I know are first products will be XJ tube doors for all four doors and two door applications. We are working on some designs now but we pretty much have decided not to go over $175 for a set. So a 2 door & fronts for a 4 door would be $175. the rear doors would also be $175 so all 4 for a 4 door would be $350 which i around the price for most name brand sets. After we get a design and a jig done we will start taking orders and then use the money to help design and make more stuff at a great price.

P.S. that price will be for a standard tube door but we will do custom stuff for the right price. Thanks

Voldemort
06-24-2009, 02:50 PM
Disclaimer: Here is a pic of how our door MAY look this is a pic of Warrior tube doors which is a very fine product and we have not used theirs in any way to make ours other than using this pic to give an idea of what ours may or may not look like.

With that said here is the pic.
http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv276/bigbadxj/86529-add2-lg.jpg
http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv276/bigbadxj/86529-lg.jpg
Ours will not come with latches that have the TJ door handle cause you do not need a handle for a door that is made of tubes! They will have a latch but you will have to reach in to pull up on it. Also ours will have the option attachments for side mirrors for ones that need them(check your local laws). They will also come bare or primed and can be painted or powder coated at an additional charge. Also ours will be made for all years of XJ not just up to '96.

BlueXJ
06-25-2009, 05:31 PM
Any updates on other products that are close to production? Are those prices including shipping? Are you going to make any smaller items like the tailight guards any time soon? I need a set of those. I am running out of replacement plastic lenses for the rear lights.

Voldemort
06-26-2009, 03:13 PM
Any updates on other products that are close to production? Are those prices including shipping? Are you going to make any smaller items like the tailight guards any time soon? I need a set of those. I am running out of replacement plastic lenses for the rear lights.

After the doors(which the price is not including shipping) we are going to start on roof racks and Bumpers. So we have alot to do before we go on to smaller stuff. But we may be able to work something out.:thumbsup: