PDA

View Full Version : After market radio dash kit and harness

hookedonxjs
04-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Who would be interested in a dash kit and harness for after market radio for 97-01 xj for $20.00 shipped? Or a harness for 84-01 for $10.00 shipped.

Punisher
04-06-2011, 07:45 PM
I voted yes as I have them... but not to buy any...

Outlaw
04-06-2011, 07:50 PM
I would like the 84-01, my current set up is no stereo, and no factory harness... just pulled wires lol think I stand a chance?? :D

4.3LXJ
04-06-2011, 08:19 PM
I just spliced into the factory wires with the new harness. No probs until recently. The display quit, so I will be getting another Sony and this time it will accept the iPod. Lots of tunes on the trail anytime.

hookedonxjs
04-07-2011, 01:06 AM
Ok no prob some idiot before you tried to save 15 bucks and now you gotsta figure it out. My solution is as follows the three most important wires are constant power, keyed power and ground. The wires can be determined using a multi meter. First constant power is always on and typicaly 12 gauge which means it will be the biggest wire this holds the memory and time. Set multi meter to 0-20 volts and touch ground to body metal you might have to use a screw or scrap some paint or rust off to get a good ground. Now probe wires to find the one thats on all the time. Second turn key on and probe to find the keyed power.Third turn multi meter to ohms and touch a probe to the place you grouned in steps 1 and 2 and probe the wires till you see the meter jump that will be the ground. Heres the hard part you can A run new 16 gauge speaker wire to each speaker or B using the multi meter determine each speakers wires by removing speakers and ground each wire to the door and doing the same process you did to find ground now start probing for speaker wires in the dash. It's very important that you tag each speaker wire on both ends to get correct polarity( positive speaker conection to positive stereo output lead and negative to negetive on all speaker and deck conections) if one speaker is out of polarity it will make the speakers out of phase which means when one is going in and another is going out at the same time which cancel each other out. I always install new speaker cable and use 14 gauge to improve current flow and improve sound quality. The choice is yours don't be afraid to ask any other questions.

Outlaw
04-08-2011, 05:57 AM
Thanks Hooked! I'll try this out as soon as I buy a new deck!